mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Eclipse (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/eclipse/)
-   -   etek 2 leaking at the solenoid (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/eclipse/205980-etek-2-leaking-solenoid.html)

k3nDinio 06-20-2012 02:33 AM

etek 2 leaking at the solenoid

Sooo, I just bought an etek 2 and i hear a slight leak coming out of the solenoid. I am not familiar with PE markers, but I have checked all of the O-rings and everything seem fine.. I appreciate any input. Thanks..

BTW, the gun cycles and shoots at 260fps.

R-M-I 06-20-2012 02:44 AM

Did "someone" tighten the gripscrews a bit too much and perforated the solenoid walls?

if so... look for a new one right away. A VERY common problem with the "older" ego's and etek's.

k3nDinio 06-20-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-M-I (Post 2385335)
Did "someone" tighten the gripscrews a bit too much and perforated the solenoid walls?

if so... look for a new one right away. A VERY common problem with the "older" ego's and etek's.

im not sure if it dug'd a hole through the solenoid but i see markings that its been over tighten.. would that cause it to leak out of the small hole right where the manifold meet the solenoid

R-M-I 06-20-2012 04:24 AM

Shouldn't be an issue unless the screws have poked holes in the actual solenoid..

Have you tried tightening the minifold -> solenoid-screw? (I'm not too familiar with the etek solenoids, but I know that some ego-solenoids have a screw that keeps the minifold onto the rest of the solenoid.. This can come loose, and when it does you'll have a leak. try tightening the screws slightly if there are any there.

k3nDinio 06-20-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-M-I (Post 2385363)
Shouldn't be an issue unless the screws have poked holes in the actual solenoid..

Have you tried tightening the minifold -> solenoid-screw? (I'm not too familiar with the etek solenoids, but I know that some ego-solenoids have a screw that keeps the minifold onto the rest of the solenoid.. This can come loose, and when it does you'll have a leak. try tightening the screws slightly if there are any there.

the screws are tighten, and I don't want to over tighten it as the solenoid housing is made of plastic.

ChaplainBane 06-22-2012 09:05 PM

back the grip scretws off 1/4 of a turn. it may just be the screws pushing on one side of the noid and letting air out of a gap between the noid and the body.

k3nDinio 06-22-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaplainBane (Post 2388563)
back the grip scretws off 1/4 of a turn. it may just be the screws pushing on one side of the noid and letting air out of a gap between the noid and the body.

I actually air'd it uP without the grips and there is still a slight leak coming from the solenoid

someasianballer 06-24-2012 03:55 AM

replace your orings on the ram

if that doesnt do it replace the orings on the lpr housing

k3nDinio 06-25-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someasianballer (Post 2389613)
replace your orings on the ram

if that doesnt do it replace the orings on the lpr housing

ya im going to try that next and see what ill get, just need to pick up some orings

ecoballer 07-30-2012 04:04 PM

after doing that lower the Operating pressure a bit make sure its flush with the lpr body and decrease the hpr pressure if its blowing air out of the back hole of the noid and is it possible that you can take a pic of the noid?