mcarterbrown.com  

Electronic and Mechanical Found a steal of a deal? Share the wealth! Link them here

Old 07-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #11 (permalink)

Messaged him. Called him on his lack of knowledge and other items. His e-mailed response, as he did not want this on E-bay:
Dear pboldguy,

i don't appreciate your condescending attitude. this gun is fully automatic powered entirely by air pressure. there is no electric trigger. this gun is heavilly upgraded by my manager at my place of business, and he has machined his own paintball guns. some of them work even better than this one...the reason he gave it to me to sell for him.

I'm sorry some of my facts about paintball in general were wrong, but anything about this gun that i have said is entirely true.
And no, i'm not afraid to answer. i've been sick for almost a week and didn't quite care to deal with any mean comments from anybody.

- tf141_delta-6

Either his boss should be working for another company or he is totally brain washed.
FirstTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Legendary

I have to believe he is trolling you.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Well, my response will not be well recieved by the people here.

It seems that you are all picking on this unfortunate seller. It appears that no one in this thread has been playing paintball very long. Autocockers like that were close to 1000.00 dollars along time ago and they were marketed by some paintball shops to have fully automated pneumatic system, as a selling point (pure marketing of course).

There are two major kinds of paintbal players. Ones who know every gadget and new product and ones who rely on others to fix and update their gun. This guy is the later.

Nothing he says surprises me, I know what he meant. I think what surprises me is the level of immaturity those in this thread have shown. I always thought mcarterbrown had only helpful members. I think you guys meant to type pbnation.com.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Future Robocop

We were fine with him when he listed it. When he decided to ignore the 1st kind of player you described, he took off the flame suit.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Future Robocop

My message to him

Just so you know, your boss is wrong. The gun is not fully automatic. Stop ignoring the many people who have emailed you to tell you and stop mis-representing your item. Fully automatic means you would hold the trigger down and continue firing. If you can successfully to that as shown, I will give you $50 more than your asking price. If you can't, however, edit your listing with the information people far more knowledgeable than yourself have given you.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furion View Post

It seems that you are all picking on this unfortunate seller. It appears that no one in this thread has been playing paintball very long. Autocockers like that were close to 1000.00 dollars along time ago and they were marketed by some paintball shops to have fully automated pneumatic system, as a selling point (pure marketing of course).

There are two major kinds of paintball players. Ones who know every gadget and new product and ones who rely on others to fix and update their gun. This guy is the later.

Nothing he says surprises me, I know what he meant. I think what surprises me is the level of immaturity those in this thread have shown. I always thought mcarterbrown had only helpful members. I think you guys meant to type pbnation.com.
I didn't start this thread to flame him. In fact my first message to him on ebay was friendly and helpful. I was just trying to prevent someone being a very disappointed buyer which could result in him getting negative feedback and possibly losing his rights as a seller. If a seller posts an inaccurate item description or spreads misinformation about an item,that seller is at fault. EBAY expects sellers to research their items before putting them up for sale.

When he decided to ignore my advice and take offense to it without at least second guessing himself or putting any further research into the item he is selling. He made the jump from unfortunate seller to ignorant hard-headed seller.

Not to mention the fact that it seems like he is lying. If he wants to make claims of the gun being a custom machined fully automatic mechanical marker he should at east show pictures of what has been done,or some sort of proof. Funny how he keeps adding on to the story huh? If his boss owns a machine shop why wouldn't he mention which machine shop?

As far as the teasing going on in the thread it is all in good fun. I see threads like this posted on this particular forum all day long and no one ever seems to complain about them. Not to mention the fact you start your argument with some pretty reasonable points. Then start to go off on a tangent calling the people in this thread immature. I am pretty sure a lot of the people here played long ago when autocockers were 1,000$+,seeing as how that point has already been made in this thread. It kind of seems like you are trying to start a flame war. You could have easily left out those last few comments and still made your point. To me that screams immaturity. Not trying to call you a hypocrite,just saying!
CustomCockers
eBay
MTGS

Last edited by Robbie_Free; 07-04-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Robbie_Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
**Chuff Chuff**

I sent him two messages today and he updated his listing to say "semi-auto"
Uninvited4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Future Robocop

He sent me a long apology letter today.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

Did not get an apology. However I informed the site that full auto was almost impossible, including why and what gun actually was.
FirstTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furion View Post

There are two major kinds of paintbal players. Ones who know every gadget and new product and ones who rely on others to fix and update their gun. This guy is the later.

You're reaching.

I've been at this thing for more than half my life at this point. When those bodies came out, the majority of parts on it were still many years away from production. Yes, brand new in the mid 90's a stock Autococker was $400. What you see on that listing is clearly a $100 parts bin Autococker. Let's step down off the soapbox now.

The rest of that drawn out post I'm not even going waste my time on. We all know what he meant, that doesn't change the fact that he was incorrect. Constructive criticism and passing down information doesn't hurt anyone. Have a nice day.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Electronic and Mechanical