mcarterbrown.com  

Electronic and Mechanical Found a steal of a deal? Share the wealth! Link them here

Old 07-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

Cocker and GTVe

Hey everyone, I posted 2 markers on ebay. These are the first things I have EVER sold on ebay, although I have bought quite a bit through it and all the forums. All I have to say is wow, that is a ton of hoops to jump through to get set up to sell. Anyway, on to the goods.

Cocker

GTVe
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gun Whore in Training

well im the highest bidder so far on the cocker

Dwarfcarracer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

I hate to see it go. I have WAY too much gear... i.e. parts and markers. Spyders will be going up in the near future. Its definitely a nice shooting marker. I hope that GTVe goes for a little more than 99 cents though. Lol. They still got a lot of time left on them.
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gun Whore in Training

uppidy for a guy tryin to sell his guns!

Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

What exactly is a GTVE? I am bidding on it,haha.
CustomCockers
eBay
MTGS
Robbie_Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Gun Whore in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie_Free View Post
What exactly is a GTVE? I am bidding on it,haha.
they are built like spyders, but with the look of a JT Triton or whatever JT gun that is. haha

Old 07-29-2011, 04:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfcarracer22 View Post
they are built like spyders, but with the look of a JT Triton or whatever JT gun that is. haha
So it is basically a STBB sear tripper? I wonder if that is a regulator or gas through. Wonder what kind of board it uses. I am just trying to ponder things I could do to it.
CustomCockers
eBay
MTGS
Robbie_Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Gun Whore in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie_Free View Post
So it is basically a STBB sear tripper? I wonder if that is a regulator or gas through. Wonder what kind of board it uses. I am just trying to ponder things I could do to it.
its not a gass through... BUT that doesnt mean you cant make it one!

Old 07-29-2011, 06:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Sorry for the lapse here guys. The GTVe was basically a spyder in design. But most components are NOT compatible with a spyder except the barrel for sure. That is definitely spyder threaded. The electronics are very simple in design, no modes. Push the button/hold the button to turn it on, again for live, and press/hold for safe and off. Yes it is a basic sear tripper. The solenoid oddly enough has an adjustment to it. I did adjust it according to the instructions. The trigger frame is plastic and so is the trigger. The bolt is rear cocking and it is chromed. I will try and check it this weekend to see what all is spyder compatible, i.e. bolt, striker, if spyder trigger frames fit. The ASA however takes an odd hex head bolt so it basically cannot be replaced with a different part but it is removable. I fought it off the first time. The valve chamber/LPC cap cannot be swapped for a longer one or a spyder one because the threads are different. All the tools needed to take it apart except for the socket for the ASA will be included. Its 3 or 4 allen wrenches. It comes with a new cup seal and a few orings. That is a gas-thru foregrip, not a regulator. But its a standard ASA/tank thread so you can put one on if you like.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ok guys, I tore the GTVe all down and compared it with spyder parts. The GTVe accepts spyder bolts and trigger frames, mechanical and electro. The bolt must be the full length rear cocking bolt though. Also it accepts valve pins and rear velocity adjuster SCREWS. The valve on the GTVe is ever so much larger than a spyder valve but the pins seem interchangeable. You may be able to use a spyder valve, but you would have to find thicker orings to try. The striker is slightly smaller than the old spyder fatty strikers so they are not interchangeable at all, especially not the thin strikers either. This is also why the rear velocity adjusters are not interchangeable. But the adjuster screws are the same threads, but the standard spyder screw is just shorter. So if you want to put a thumb adjuster in, you can, but you may need to throw a few washers in there to get the velocity up. The electronics looks very similar to the normal E-spyder ones but the connectors for the trigger switch, battery, and noid look huge compared to normal spyder ones. But if you are going that far, you can find a complete spyder or icon e-frame online for dirt cheap. So it is basically a spyder clone like so many others. Some parts will fit and others won't.

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Electronic and Mechanical