mcarterbrown.com  

Electronic and Mechanical Found a steal of a deal? Share the wealth! Link them here

Old 10-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'd love to see it.

I've always thought a Bad Company Spyder would be cool to have, even the EM1 version. I liked the idea that these guys could go out with a stock Spyder and compete with the Angels and Intimidators and such, but I'm guessing they are no longer sponsored by Kingman. (could be wrong)

I almost bid on that one but the mix-matched parts scared me off a bit.
rolondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolondo View Post
I'd love to see it.

I've always thought a Bad Company Spyder would be cool to have, even the EM1 version. I liked the idea that these guys could go out with a stock Spyder and compete with the Angels and Intimidators and such, but I'm guessing they are no longer sponsored by Kingman. (could be wrong)

I almost bid on that one but the mix-matched parts scared me off a bit.
They're still sponsored by Kingman, pretty much their only Sponsor at this juncture, and to be honest, I question that Spyder being a "Bad Company" Spyder, aside from have the team name laser engraved on the side.

When Company first started playing, they started off using some of the Xtra models, then later on that season, the majority used the AMG's (modified) and then a limited number of EM-1's were fielded the following season, with not much luck. Then back in 2003 it was brought to Tom Coles attention that with a little modification, Intimidator parts would pretty much just fit right into a spyder body, add a clamshell frame and voila! you've got the birth of the so called "Spimmy".

The team is now supposed to be shooting "mod'd" VS-2's but at the recent events, most of the players were shooting Egos, which quite frankly shocks the hell out of me, given Kingmans sponsorship, and the fact they didn't care for it when the info leaked about the Spimmys.
WGPKlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Send a message via AIM to netsurferdude2 Send a message via Skype™ to netsurferdude2

Bad Company Spyder

I started a new thread with pictures. Click the above link
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Now... all they talk about is zombies.
netsurferdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGPKlaus View Post
They're still sponsored by Kingman, pretty much their only Sponsor at this juncture, and to be honest, I question that Spyder being a "Bad Company" Spyder, aside from have the team name laser engraved on the side.

When Company first started playing, they started off using some of the Xtra models, then later on that season, the majority used the AMG's (modified) and then a limited number of EM-1's were fielded the following season, with not much luck. Then back in 2003 it was brought to Tom Coles attention that with a little modification, Intimidator parts would pretty much just fit right into a spyder body, add a clamshell frame and voila! you've got the birth of the so called "Spimmy".

The team is now supposed to be shooting "mod'd" VS-2's but at the recent events, most of the players were shooting Egos, which quite frankly shocks the hell out of me, given Kingmans sponsorship, and the fact they didn't care for it when the info leaked about the Spimmys.
Thanks for the history lesson, sir. That's good information. I had no idea that Bad Company were shooting the "Spimmy's" What made me question whether or not they were still sponsored by Kingman was a recent photo I saw of a Bad Company player shooting the Ego as you describe. Kinda subtracts from my interest in Bad Company, quite honestly.
rolondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolondo View Post
Thanks for the history lesson, sir. That's good information. I had no idea that Bad Company were shooting the "Spimmy's" What made me question whether or not they were still sponsored by Kingman was a recent photo I saw of a Bad Company player shooting the Ego as you describe. Kinda subtracts from my interest in Bad Company, quite honestly.

My pleasure, and I should have been a bit more clear and stated "when they started playing with Kingman guns" as they started out shooting Phantoms and Line Si Bushys back in the day before eventually moving on to a Tippmann sponsorship shooting 68 Specials then Carbines and some AGD guns from time to time, then to Smart Parts when the shoeboxes first came out, and moved into Kingman shortly after the Shockers.
WGPKlaus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Electronic and Mechanical