mcarterbrown.com

Electronic If it uses batteries, and fires paintballs... This is the place to sell it.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

FS/FT: 2006 Alien Remains - black w/ red accents

edit: gun is sold, thanks for looking

i'll let the photos speak for themselves, this marker is in tip top shape.
currently i am shooting an ego as my primary so this doesn't see much action. hence i am putting it up for trade, just to see what i can get
i am open to all reasonable offers, but i am not desperate by any means to get rid of this, so any low balls will be considered a free up.
the only flaw is one of the four screw holes on the back ram housing is stripped, however the screw still grips a bit, it just won't tighten down. this does not affect performance at all, in fact after emailing jack rice (owner of alien) about it, he responded saying, "3 screws is plenty to hold the gun together. Unless you take the gun apart often I would hot glue gun it in place"
so currently it is blue loctited in place

anyway on to the pictures:

selling price is $550, and i am open to trades. PMing me is probably the best way to get in touch

and although i am not planning on getting rid of this, here's my XSV ego which i could use in a possible 2 for 1 (would have to be trading for something crazy though):

i repeat: i am not looking to get rid of my ego, i am simply putting it here in case a wild trade comes my way
and finally, this is my thread so you ship first. the last thing i need is someone making off with one or both of my markers.

Last edited by boydole; 04-11-2007 at 07:47 PM.
boydole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

wow, nice pics!

and nice guns ,...
Cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fear the Dog!

I agree the pics are amazing!!

My Feedback-http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...oglbs+feedback
doglb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
Consider this a free up, if you want to do a quick clear tutorial on how to do pictures like that, I will sticky it in the Ask the Experts section.

In photography class many moons ago we did that and I really liked it, but I haven't seen it since then except in commercial advertising. IIRC photoshop and controlled lighting are the key ingredients.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge-NS View Post
Consider this a free up, if you want to do a quick clear tutorial on how to do pictures like that, I will sticky it in the Ask the Experts section.

In photography class many moons ago we did that and I really liked it, but I haven't seen it since then except in commercial advertising. IIRC photoshop and controlled lighting are the key ingredients.
thanks, i've had a lot of people message me asking me about methods/what i used for my shots. basically, as you stated, it's all about controlled lighting. i used two strobes, one with a small soft box positioned to camera left (at 90 degrees off the camera axis) and the other strobe, positioned as a backlight) fitted with a 20 degree honeycomb grid to narrow the beam of light. you can see that the soft box coming from the left produced the reflections on the reg, while the gridded strobe produced the reflections on the body of the marker. aside from that, i used black velvet to create a the seamless backdrop, and a piece of glass over the backdrop to give the reflections. i shot it with my canon 20D and 24-70 f/2.8 in RAW and used camera raw (in photoshop) to tweak the contrast and exposure, color temp, etc. there were a few patches of dark grey where some stray light spilled on the backdrop, so for those i just burned them out in PS.

a similar set up was used for the ego shot, but instead of a black backdrop i used white and blew it out with a strobe.

anyone who doesn't have the equipment (i.e. most of you) will be amazed at what a few well placed lights can do. if you have some 500 watt halogen work lights, find a piece of translucent material (i.e. white nylon) to put in front of the light to soften it up and play around with the light positioning. you don't need a fancy camera, just make sure the on camera pop up flash doesn't fire.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

bump
Old 03-30-2007, 03:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

bump
Old 03-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Bones

Those pictures are very nice.
I wish you could give this to me.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Those pictures are very nice.
I wish you could give this to me.
hehe i will if you give me a bit of cash
Old 04-02-2007, 03:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

bump

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Electronic