mcarterbrown.com

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 06-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Micro Invert Mini

For the heck of it I put together a Mini with a Sportshot hopper and the smallest tank and barrel I could dig up.

This would be a perfect little set up for CQB.

I was curious what the un-modded Sportshot would shoot like. I was able to get 4 shots out of it without shaking. However, the problem I saw with my Mini is that when I shook the gun, it would occasionally fire since the trigger was being shook too. Meh. I wanted a baseline before going ahead and making an agitated hopper.

Also, my tank was on exactly 3k when I started. At the end of the hopper it was on 1500psi. Not too bad...I wonder how many more shots I could squeeze out of her.

By the way, the gun at the moment is at factory default settings and chronied at 275 with that barrel.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Reminds me of how I run my AT-10, with a hopper mag, a Winchester 50rd, and a 13ci tank it's a great way to play paintball! If only those 50rd hoppers fed a little better.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
One of those little 3 inch snub barrels I've seen on A5's would be awesome on that thing. Forget about accuracy further than you can spit though lol.
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
Cool.

Cut down the stock barrel to 3". It actually works surprisingly well. I did it with my A5. Prepare to crank the velocity waaaaay up though.

APP 50 round hopper instead of a sportshot might feed a little better...

I also wonder if you could flip the ASA around so you ran the tank Island Style. Now THAT would be the ultimate CQB gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I love how DMW douches want so badly to justify their douchocity! I remain steadfast in my position of counterdouche douchebaggery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
It's cool, no one can resist playing with an eightball. They're pretty much the best toy/decision making device/CEO of General Motors, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor
FEAR NOT, FAIR WOMEN, FOR THOU ART SWAG AS F***!
thisissparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissparta View Post
Cool.

I also wonder if you could flip the ASA around so you ran the tank Island Style. Now THAT would be the ultimate CQB gun.
Nope. I thought the same thing, but it just doesn't line up because of the air-through grip.
When asked why I play pump, I say.
"Im not allowed to carry a semi anymore as a condition of my parole and I really dont want to go back to prison."

SAVE A ROCK. THROW AN EGO.
Pa!ntba!!er2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
didn't put a small barrel on, but I have played with a 13/3000 and stock feed on it. Worked awesome, and hung it from my belt on a drill bungee without a problem
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Man vs Tank

I played like that with my Mini all last year. I used the APP 50 round scope hopper and a Guerrilla Air 13/3000. I loved it. I really wish you could flip the reg around though. Now I just have to find one of the snub nose Freak barrel fronts and I can run with the shorter barrel. I only had to shake a few times but I did get caught without a round in the chamber once or twice when I really needed it... I haven't resorted to making my own 100 or 50 round hopper agitating yet, though I should.

My efficiency sucked as well, I was lucky if I got 100+ shots out of the 3K (Yes, filled to 3K). Probably need some tweaking or the new poppet since I got one of the dusty boxed mini's from the top shelf in my local shop (V1.1 board). I play woodsball with it by the way.

Love the mirco mini though. You can move so fast and pop up pretty darn quick when you need to.
Cruickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

I've run a small setup with 8" bizerk barrel a 140 round vl tripod and a 13 inch tank. If I play semi this is what I use.
It will typically empty the hopper and tank at the same time.
Paint Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have run this setup for the last year and love it. Cant go back to full loader and large tank.

I primarly have run pistol the last three years but I always find one time in the all day events when a little more firepower would help. Enter the MiniMini as I like to call it. The loader is a 50 rd. Tippmann loader that I got from a local field and can not find anywhere else. I use 30rd. pods like the one in the photo to reload. I keep it on semi auto and I do have to give it a shake every once and a while to keep it feeding. Funny thing is it does not seem to happen as much anymore. I think I have just found a rythem with it.

I get 105-110 rounds ot of the 13ci tank. Plenty for my limited paint style of play.

I love the MiniMini and can not get away from it.
scout_armorsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
That looks to be an APP hopper, talk to Titus if you are looking for more.

EDIT: And nice setup!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire