mcarterbrown.com

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 08-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
What Flying Pig?

Invert Mini Reg disassembled

Greetings,
Here you go.....

Closeup of piston and reg seat/valve pin. The pin threads into the piston. The seat is similar to an old automag seat but thinner and looks to be nylon.

Mods, if this is "top secret" or something, please delete!
www.pettypb.com
Terminal Tinkerer, Master Air Smith, Voider of Warrantees and Healer of Unicorns
Vern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
la la la la revolution

About freaking time somebody did this! Thank you.

Did you have to make any custom tools? Looks like removing that pin from the piston without ruining it would be a bugger.
MondoMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah man, please share how you did this. I have been unable to get one apart that I would like to repair to use the lazer engraved body. The techs themselves wouldn't repair it, just replaced it.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
What Flying Pig?

Greetings,
I have had the new axe regs apart a few times now and the pin in the new axe has a 3mm hex so you can take it apart and is the same length as the mini pin.
This means you should be able to get replacement seats and pins with hex heads so they will come apart easily from the axe!
We took the axe regs apart in tech class, then again at the shop again to lube it after tech class as we handled them quite a bit and didn't have lube with us at class.
After visiting intimately with them, my son and I both brought home the new dust black axe we each disected and have been shooting the crap out of them.
Very nice platform and the on/off is one of the best I have seen.
www.pettypb.com
Terminal Tinkerer, Master Air Smith, Voider of Warrantees and Healer of Unicorns

Last edited by Vern1; 03-15-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Vern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
la la la la revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern1 View Post
Greetings,
I have had the new axe regs apart a few times now and the pin in the new axe has a 3mm hex so you can take it apart and is the same length as the mini pin.
This means you should be able to get replacement seats and pins with hex heads so they will come apart easily from the axe!
I finally worked up the courage to take my TM-7 reg apart. It was actually really easy, and I think the reg is a nice, elegant design.

The seat was badly distorted, so this is really good news. Here's hoping they respond to my request for a new pin and seat.

Edit: Just got off the phone with Paintball Solutions/Kee/Whatevertheyrecallednow. They do not sell replacement parts for the Relay, nor the stock Mini/TM-7 regulator. They are also "the same reg", which is news to me as my Relay has that depressurizing lever...

It's been a while since I've had to deal with these guys, and I remember the usual method for getting something from them is to keep calling until you stumble upon the one-percenter that knows what he's talking about and is willing to help.

Last edited by MondoMor; 10-12-2011 at 11:55 AM.
MondoMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Random Lurker

Pics don't work
wizard12341 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire