mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 05-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
First day with my new Axe

Since there's no Empire spot on here I figured I'd post this here. I had my first day in the woods with my new Axe and boy was I impressed. This marker shoots beautifully and is surprisingly quiet! I'm not sure on efficiency yet as I was topping up my tank all day but I went through 3/4 of a case and never broke one ball, and that was shooting old winter paint in around 5 degree Celsius weather. So far so good, we'll see how it holds up.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I guess it's time to update this one. I've played a few more games with my Axe and I've had some good results and a couple of quirks.

First the quirks.

The ASA developed a wobble which couldn't be tightened up using the two screws at the bottom of the grip frame. After some research I found out that there are two more screws inside the trigger frame which place pressure on the ones that I was tightening and this firms up the ASA. Problem solved.

My eye covers came loose in a game, it appears there wasn't any type of loctite or anything placed on them at the factory. I simply tightened them with an allen key and went on playing. I will add some loctite to secure these better as to avoid this issue in the future.

My foregrip developed a wobble in it. I took a look at it and the two set screws which hold the foregrip in place had backed themselves out a bit, again no loctite. I tightened these back up and will probably add a little loctite to prevent this from happening again.

I started getting a slight increase in kick and a slight mettalic "ting" sound on firing at the end of my last game. I took the bolt assembly apart and lubed everything including the poppit o-ring. I'm hoping this solves the problem as I'm sure it's just the marker getting broken in. I haven't had a chance to field test the marker since lubing it but I did put my tank on and there is no leak and it cycles fine.

And the good.

I find this marker really comfortable in hand and super quiet. My teammate had his DM6 out last Sunday and we shot both side by side and the sound signature was nearly identical. I love the stock setup of the trigger. It's nice a snappy with just the right amount of trigger pull for my style. I haven't payed much attention to efficiency as our field has all day air but it seems decent, no where near my legend but decent. I found the bolt very easy to separate from the marker and service. The bolt removal system is great. All in all I'm still quite happy with this marker.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yea i had the same issue with my eye covers coming loose, no biggie though. I love the marker though ! shoots great! Sending it out to conlee custom camo to get duracoated.

Feedback Thread
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1997293
Warrzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Eye covers? I thought the eyes were in the tray under the body like the Mini? Are you guys talking about the detent covers?

Nice review, I'm going to pick one of these up for my next PB purchase. I miss my Mini, the Axe solves the only issue I had with it. I always felt that I would destroy it if I tripped and fell during a game.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrzone View Post
Yea i had the same issue with my eye covers coming loose, no biggie though. I love the marker though ! shoots great! Sending it out to conlee custom camo to get duracoated.
I had my pinokio and rotor duracoated by him. Soon to be another marker once it gets ready for paint. Please post pics once you get marker painted, he does fantastic work.
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I'm sure a little bit of blue loctite will fix up those issues. I still am lusting after an axe. I have used several and still have a hard on for them. They are such excellent shooting markers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yea i ment detent covers.

Ever since i got the axe, the good ol TM-15 and A-5 is collecting dust. I keep em around for friends to use that are interested in getting into paintball. I dont see myself getrting a marker anytime soon. You really cant beat the axe in this price range.

I will def be posting a review on his paintjob, Im doing the axe in multi cam. I was quoted $250 for the axe, barrel and rotor.

Im paying an additional $25 for reassembly cuz I dont feel comfortable with my ability to put it back together myself.

Dude is hella busy im sending my set up on the 1st and should be back in my hands at the end of sept /beginning of oct . Ive been on the wait list for about a month and a half.

Feedback Thread
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1997293
Warrzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Does anyone know if the reg is user servicable? I never had an issue with my minis reg but its always nice to be able to service it yourself if you need too.

Quote:
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Old 08-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
You can adjust the pressure output on them, but I recall it saying in the manual that they aren't designed to be user serviceable. Never had trouble with mine though. After ditching the $1200 ego, I'm really thinking about going back to the Axe.

Should've never sold mine.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Hmmm, I personally don't see it as being an issue but you never know. I have shot the ego11 and all sorts of other electros. I have no idea why I dropped the money on my etek3. Should have waited for the axe to come out.

Quote:
Quote:

MCB Trust

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire