mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 11-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Laissez Bon Temps Roulet!

Should I be concerned?

Whenever I dry fire my Mini with no air, the noid doesn't click on the first couple of trigger pulls. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

The eyes are off. It doesn't click for the first couple trigger pulls, but after that it clicks everytime I pull the trigger. It's just kind of unsettling, and I don't have any air to really dry fire it with.
"Check this out, each and every one of you. Compilation tape, of my own making. I call this the "Greatest Zooks Album". Featuring artists like, well I got some Hendrix on there, some Joplin, Mama Cass, Belushi... all great artists that asphyxiated on their own vomit!"

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
PBpancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Noid may need to be cleaned/lubed. This is fairly common among the Mini's, and was the reason I sold my TM7 (don't panic, the TM7 solenoid was horizontal whereas the Mini's is vertical, which compounds the problem). Worst case scenario you may need to upgrade to a newer solenoid if yours is old. Also- you don't want to be dryfiring it like that too much, supposedly since the Mini noid's operate on a pulse-width type signal (like a car's fuel injectors), it can burn out the noid if you do it too much.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Laissez Bon Temps Roulet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Noid may need to be cleaned/lubed. This is fairly common among the Mini's, and was the reason I sold my TM7 (don't panic, the TM7 solenoid was horizontal whereas the Mini's is vertical, which compounds the problem). Worst case scenario you may need to upgrade to a newer solenoid if yours is old. Also- you don't want to be dryfiring it like that too much, supposedly since the Mini noid's operate on a pulse-width type signal (like a car's fuel injectors), it can burn out the noid if you do it too much.
Thank you for that information. Could you possibly elaborate on the solenoid being a post-width type signal?

And this guy said that his Mini used to do the same thing. He would click the noid with the eyes off, then it would take a couple pulls to click, and then it would just stop altogether. A new solenoid direct from Empire would fix this problem entirely, correct?
"Check this out, each and every one of you. Compilation tape, of my own making. I call this the "Greatest Zooks Album". Featuring artists like, well I got some Hendrix on there, some Joplin, Mama Cass, Belushi... all great artists that asphyxiated on their own vomit!"

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
PBpancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

there is nothing to worry about. if it works air up u r good. that is not a bad noid. some click loud others not at all. its just the way they are. i have had many and seen alot of people concerned about them. anyways the mini has oneof the cheapest noids out there so even worse case it is easy fix. but as loong as with aire it fires u should not worry.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/e...ml#post2519002
crawler78 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire