mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 01-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

While I'm sure they work just fine, as they've become popular enough and I haven't really heard much bad about them, to me, I'm never gambling on needing PaintballSolutions' help with anything ever again. Worst customer support I've ever had the 'pleasure' of dealing with. As for most amazing marker ever, clearly you've never owned a DSG!
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Had a Mini for a little bit. Nice gun and all but too small for me, ended up selling it off and I don't regret it at all. As mentioned the stock trigger was crap, the CP trigger or any trigger other then stock makes a big difference. The no on/off was a pain but I just put one of the Trinity on tank on/off's on it. Otherwise I can't say that i ever had any major issues, other then the fore-grip set crew backing out and the thing fell off.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkoselka View Post
Had a Mini for a little bit. Nice gun and all but too small for me, ended up selling it off and I don't regret it at all. As mentioned the stock trigger was crap, the CP trigger or any trigger other then stock makes a big difference. The no on/off was a pain but I just put one of the Trinity on tank on/off's on it. Otherwise I can't say that i ever had any major issues, other then the fore-grip set crew backing out and the thing fell off.
the axe solves every small quirk about the mini

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD.Pump View Post
Bouncy, crappy trigger, no on/off.
^ Misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
While I'm sure they work just fine, as they've become popular enough and I haven't really heard much bad about them, to me, I'm never gambling on needing PaintballSolutions' help with anything ever again. Worst customer support I've ever had the 'pleasure' of dealing with. As for most amazing marker ever, clearly you've never owned a DSG!
I was afraid of that after hearing a lot of complaints. I actually loved their service. I bought a "broken" Axe that was said to leak down the barrel. I assumed it would be an easy fix, just needing to reset the poppit.

When I received it, the first thing I noticed was the board was dead. Uh oh, red flags are popping up. Luckily a replacement board is only like $30. So I gas it up and it starts puking air down the barrel, ok that was expected. I attempt to adjust the reg but it's stuck. I can't turn it in either direction or break it down to check it out. Uh oh.

I email support and they ask me what's wrong, I tell them and they quickly reply with a RMA# so I ship it out. I'm told it can take 8-12 days. I check the status around day 10 and the last update shows that USPS tried to drop off but noone was available so I shoot an email inquiring about the status. The next day I'm emailed a tracking #, it's already on a FedEx truck for delivery to me!

They ended up replacing the main board, the entire reg assembly, and several other miscellaneous parts all under warranty. I would chalk that up to a win in the customer service department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
the axe solves every small quirk about the mini
Yes it does. I loved my Mini. I actually didn't like how light it was. I was always paranoid about breaking it if I took a fall. It was a great shooter though. Love the Axe though. It's a joy to shoot and it's never even left semi mode. I actually just ordered one of the drop forwards for it from Ydna/Nummech. It should be here in a few days.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
I had nothing but good things to say about the Axe myself. Light, fast, fits very nicely in the hands, and it's pretty damn efficient. I was pulling a full Rotor and 4 140rounders out of a 45/45 with air left over. I like the lever style they implemented with them as well, I was a HUGE fan of the DP RAPS asa's.

I know I've pointed several people in the direction of the Axe, and from what I hear, my home field sells a decent amount of them. The majority of electros I see at the field are Mini's and Axes, you just can't beat the performance for the price with them.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Deuce, let me know what your thoughts are on the drop. I have one two but awaiting to get my Axe back from being milled before I can assemble/play with my drop.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I did the old loan it to a new player test a few times and I am talking an entire day i even left and picked it up later.No problems at all !!!Locally XSV uses them and they get tore up and still preform.Being the pump and stockclass guy I am I use it here and there it never disapoints.
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

i really hate electros, nor can i afford to get one. I don't like buying used guns, so to pick up a new mini is expensive. But i'd love to get a dust green mini, use it on semi only and get a proto primo to just keep up with the slow semi shooting rate i'd use it with.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just to keep this thread going and to reply to the customer service question! I had bought a new Empire Axe a while back. I am usually playing with my T2 but at the local field, I am the only person rocking a pump so I breakout the Axe when I see more experienced players bonus balling the newer guys.

I got to say that the Axe is great. I personally loved the Mini for being light compact and shot extremely well.

As for customer service.... On the first day I used my Axe, I slid towards the snake and landed on my forearms. The gun itself didnt make contact with the ground. The force or jerk motion of hitting the ground snapped my feedneck clean off. It snapped in the breach where I couldnt get to it. I emailed customer service and they gave me a RMA#. I sent off the gun and they fixed it for me and installed a new feedneck and included 2 more feedneck in the package.

Sure, initially they sent me the gun with a feedneck but no lever. Then they sent me 2 feedneck, again with no lever. finally, they sent me a lever assembly. This was after an email every time.

They did ship each time very quickly and no questions asked. Although it was a little fustrating that they didnt understand that all I wanted was the lever after receiving my gun back, they got it done. In my book, thats pretty good customer service and they were willing to help me out.

I had my Axe up for sale for a little while but I think I am going to keep it. I dont really like electros and how sensitive they are but I understand that I really need to have something like this in my gearbag.
Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I picked up a v1 Mini locally for $120 that was leaking. A quick re-lubing fixed that. and I was quickly blown away by the same exact things you mentioned. It's design is simple, it's very fast with little recoil, and more. I had planned to sell it, but It looks like it might be replacing my Ul'd PM7 as my only electro.

New Seventh Element boards are only $35, so I picked one up along with a parts kit for $20. Those will replace all the v1 parts except the eye board. A quick call to Empire and they are sending me an Axe upper board for free. I couldn't be happier. I wonder if Dye would send me a replacement board for my PM7 after 5 years...I doubt it.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire