-   Empire (
-   -   Trracer and Magpul AFG2... (

isiTrue 02-18-2012 04:19 PM

Trracer and Magpul AFG2...
It has a lot of wobble and doesn't fit securely. It's strange, because it's supposed to be made for picatinny rails, which the Trracer has.

Any alternatives?

chadders 02-18-2012 04:26 PM

if i use a vert grip its my rap4 only, although the bt or tib arms one is pretty much the same and with out the stupid rap4 branding

Ivan 02-23-2012 11:33 AM

Mine is super snug, though it's an AFG1:

You have to shave a few parts to get it to fit, I used a dremel:
I widened the channel in the AFG.
I cut off the back box of the pump handle.

isiTrue 02-24-2012 03:46 AM

I remember seeing your Trracer when I was doing research on the AFG fit. I bought it since it looked like yours didn't have a problem.

Mine wobbles like crazy.

Did yours fit snugly on the rails to begin with, or only after modifying it? How is the front-back fit on the rail? Any movement? On mine, the screw isn't even large enough to sit securely in between the gaps in the rail.

Ivan 02-24-2012 09:39 AM

Hi Paul,

There's no movement at all. Though perhaps it's because I made a channel for the pump handle in the AFG, and that channel is tight. You have to basically hit the AFG to get it on. If I remember this weekend I will get a couple of more pictures for you.

danssoslow 02-25-2012 01:08 AM

I wonder,

I recently realized there are two lines of Magpul accessories. One is a cheaper training type, and the more expensive for-real-arms use. I wonder if this might be the issue with you loose fit, that maybe you purchased the training type?