mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM
 
senghing27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
That's really not a bad throw distance for a nelson. I think the best part is that you have been able to push the trigger group back to the rear and move the whole marker forward to a comfortable distance.
It's clean, it's simple, and it is all house within the stock without any external parts/arms/linkage.

Kudos to you man, you should really provide this as a service/drop in part and make it for phantoms
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Senghing, you are the happiest paintballer ever.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
suaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: BC, Canada

CCM Fan
Since posting my project, I've been offered money/parts a few times to build projects. I just don't have the time. Machining is a hobby for me. Honestly, I just want to challenge myself with something that hard to do and share with everyone. I won't disclose every detail of my work but enough to stimulate others to pursue their own innovations. There's a lot of carbon copies. I love seeing something new.

I think O'lane has the skills to fill the void for custom Phantom parts. His Wild West Phantom stock is looking really good. I'm looking forward to seeing his take on a lever action Nelson.

Thanks again for the compliments. I've got a walnut stock that needs to be worked on next and I'm looking for inspiration.
__________________
Feedback here
suaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Millrat
 
O'Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007

Thanks for the recommendation suaze. I gotta say though, your work looks really great and as senghing already said, very clean job. I may have to borrow some of your ideas on future projects. Keep up the great work.
__________________
Custom Parts Machining... Feel Free to Contact
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"
God Bless America
O'Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
suaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: BC, Canada

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Lane View Post
Thanks for the recommendation suaze. I gotta say though, your work looks really great and as senghing already said, very clean job. I may have to borrow some of your ideas on future projects. Keep up the great work.
Feel free to borrow my ideas. That's the way I approach the custom forum; a place to share ideas. By the way, I didn't use any return springs. The original Trracer sear resets my sear tripper/trigger group. Just something to think about since the lever assembly takes up the majority of space.
__________________
Feedback here
suaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: milton keynes, uk

was this done on a small mill? i see you've rotated the valve assembly 180 degrees for clearance purposes presumably. how come it's in the original position on the cocked lever pic? just curious.
bracemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
suaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: BC, Canada

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracemeister View Post
was this done on a small mill? i see you've rotated the valve assembly 180 degrees for clearance purposes presumably. how come it's in the original position on the cocked lever pic? just curious.
Full size mill at my workplace. I rotated the valve assembly 180 degrees since I don't have any space left below. The rail on top secures the valve to the body for now. The body is positioned as such so that the back of the valve/fitting/hose does not interfere my thumb holding the stock.

The body needs to be attached to the stock for the bolt to be cocked. In the pic showing the delrin block with Traccer on top, I only wanted to show the range of motion. Good eye.
__________________
Feedback here
suaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM
 
senghing27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaze View Post
Since posting my project, I've been offered money/parts a few times to build projects. I just don't have the time. Machining is a hobby for me. Honestly, I just want to challenge myself with something that hard to do and share with everyone. I won't disclose every detail of my work but enough to stimulate others to pursue their own innovations. There's a lot of carbon copies. I love seeing something new.

I think O'lane has the skills to fill the void for custom Phantom parts. His Wild West Phantom stock is looking really good. I'm looking forward to seeing his take on a lever action Nelson.

Thanks again for the compliments. I've got a walnut stock that needs to be worked on next and I'm looking for inspiration.
I bet people have been bombing your inbox like crazy. The lever nelson is an old project of mine that I went after but realized my limitations.

O'lane has been making awesome progress, it's gonna be awesome!

Get the kinks worked out and make a video!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Senghing, you are the happiest paintballer ever.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
suaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: BC, Canada

CCM Fan
Short video dry firing. The bolt o-ring is dry making the squeeking noise.
I suck at this video stuff.

http://vimeo.com/42231300
__________________
Feedback here

Last edited by suaze; 05-15-2012 at 06:02 PM.
suaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM
 
senghing27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaze View Post
Short video dry firing. The bolt o-ring is dry making the squeeking noise.
I suck at this video stuff.

Traccer lever on Vimeo
Yeah the squeeking is a bit annoying. Might want to drop some oil on that.

Have you tried twirling it yet?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Senghing, you are the happiest paintballer ever.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
suaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: BC, Canada

CCM Fan
Twirling cock didn't work for me. Needs lube and I think I jammed my thumb. Changed link to another video smaller with faster cocking.
__________________
Feedback here
suaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC