mcarterbrown.com

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 05-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Making a barrel or even a breach to shoot first strike is one thing. But making a mag to put the first strike in to said barrel or breach is something totally different. I would assume that Tiberius would have a good patten on the mag for the first strike. But they would want their competitors to accept the first strike, that way they make the most money in selling the mags for all the different markers (when they are ready) and the first strikes them self. Rap 4 is trying to come out with the "Dmag" it's not here yet? Think it has something to do with being able to take the Tiberius first strike? It's the same as after market parts for Tippmann. They want the companies to produce the parts that way they sell more Tippmanns. But try and make the same main body parts. I am sure Tippmann has a huge patten on them.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well my idea is to try to see if i can get broken or didnt pass quality control clamshells from the tippman factory especially of not the magwell portion thats broken. I emailed them with no answer gonna call tpday. If i can get those i shod have no problem chopping it up and modding to at least fees off the side eventually ill try to work it underneath
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Talked to a guy with the tech department

Lemme just say this first...givin the nature of this rediculous request i gotta say this guy was super nice.

Long story short he said theres no way they can sell me broken shells or shells that didnt pass quality control due to liability. But he told me to go here Tippmann upgrades to get just the parts to make a workable mag well only

So im gonna need someone whose tipx savvy to list the parts on that site that i will nees to make just the mag feed work. From my calculation should be 61 bux without shipping. Which isnt terrible
Aka "wagz" on the field

Last edited by Keebler; 05-29-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Anyone heard of someone trying to fabricate a mag well for the Hammer 7 mags that could mount on the rail system of a trracer? I was thinking of something that was horizontal. If you can't visualize it just check out pics of the FG-42
Rothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

I looked into something like that before but with tpx mags. But with the release of the hammer 7 there's no point. Both are Nelson based pumps so if you want a first strike mag fed Nelson pump why mod the trracer when can buy the hammer for less than it would cost you to mod
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 12-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

I prefer the trracer since it is cocker threaded and I am used to the feel of it already.
Rothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I really liked the Trracer but I bought it knowing it had a breach cut for FS rounds and hints of a FS magazine.

Unfortunately the FS magazine never happened and Empire doesn't plan on doing anything more with this round since it is made by Tiberius Arms.

So Empire doesn, t find the FS round inportant yet DYE, MilSig, and RAP4 are all making mag fed markers for a round made by Tiberius arms and have put a lot of R&D into them. The DYE DAM is an amaizing looking marker and very tempting comming from a company that makes efficient speedball markers.

Hmmmm.... too bad for Empire, they had a great pump setup in the Trracer.

Unfortunatly after shooting FS rounds through my T8.1 with Hamerhead barrel, I seriously feel this is the rout for limited paint since I had many more eliminations running FS rou ds vs regular paint. They just shoot so straight, fast, and accurate! Went head to head with another pistol and when I heard him fire I had enough time to quickly move my head and watch the paintball barely miss my lens. He on the otherhand mentioned that the FS round hit his mask*almost the same time he heard me fire. I also did a head shot from 250+ft away I. 2 shots using just the basic sites on my pistol. I was aiming for his body and due to it being the first time using FS rounds I raised the barrel too much.

FYI I blew through a 100 round box in 2 games but towards the end those last 3 magazines were almost at a one shot per elimination! I love this stuff! If I get Fixxer's rail on top and mount a better sight I know I would shoot a lot less rounds due to the added accuracy. You can only be so accurate at range using pistol harx sites. LOL
AwwShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
2 Infinity and Beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
I just noticed this thread and in light of the recent Kingman Hammer7, the above is a complete cop out.

I'd been eyeing a First Strike capable (read: has a magazine) long gun and was holding off for something light, inexpensive and pump action.

Kingman it is. Too bad. I like the Trracer better, overall. Are you reading this KEE?
Simon knows. He has made KEE well aware in the past, but it just wasn't in the cards. It's unfortunate, but they chose a path and Kingman is going to make them regret that choice. I haven't put down for a Hammer yet, but I probably will in a little while. Got to play with my new GoG without destraction for a few outings.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think empire and kee are more interested in speedball lately anyways. Suits them right for beating a lo dead horse
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 12-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Yeah, not going to buy a Hammer. Last thing I need to deal with is yet another barrel threading. They should all just move to Autococker threads.
AwwShoot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire