mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 06-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Bullcrap. I took my 99 STO off the wall last week and shot a old bag of 500. I haven't aired it up or touched it in 3 years. Autococker problems are 90% operator head space and timing problems.

It just like a harley, set them up the way you like it and break out some loctite.
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Barned

I'm probably going to try and find somebody who would be willing to risk a bit of time to teach me a bit about those old guns...some guy told me automags would be my thing when I mentioned single triggers too....
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
I'm probably going to try and find somebody who would be willing to risk a bit of time to teach me a bit about those old guns...some guy told me automags would be my thing when I mentioned single triggers too....
Automags are easier to tech than an autococker.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Automags are easier to tech than an autococker.
Actually, for me the reverse is true.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Here's how to turn it into a semi if you're still interested.

Empire Sniper into a Mech??
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Confirmed Agglet

CCM Fan
I am lucky. Never had to do anything but oil my mag.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
tomdabmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #17 (permalink)

With the advent of google, maintaining pretty much any marker should be pretty simple. And for the not-so-simple, there are people here to ask.

It really all comes down to air flow. Once you can wrap your head around air flow and a few moving pieces, it helps significantly to be able to troubleshoot anything.

I have cockers and mags. I also have a blazer and a phoon. I love fully pneumatic guns...but my mag easily outshoots them all (it's a pneumag) and is probably my current favorite. Although I have recently decided to build a new e-cocker...

My recommendation is this: get whatever you want to tinker with and plan on it being broken for a good amount of time while you learn the ins and outs. Once you get it sorted out it'll be a real sense of accomplishment, and you'll be surprised at how much the tech side of it starts really just naturally coming together for you.
stircrazzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

A mag is easy in the beginning, once you get to the RT valve and the level 10, it starts becoming more finicky. I've never bought a straight from factory mag...so my opinions might vary.

A autococker is harder in the beginning because of the multitude of parts you need to tune, however; once you get it down, the learning curve dips down to near nothing.

Main topic: The empire sniper is cheaper in design compared to a CCM gun, but honestly, this is as close as it comes if you were unable to touch any CCM products, definitely feels better than all the other one's I've gone near such as the Azodin KP's and Sanchez Machine pumps.

I would also probably say most (average semi paintballer coming into pump) would prefer pumping a sniper platform vs a phantom or nelson style gun. There's a lot more play in everything do to slacker tolerances, but it's not as bad as some people are nitpicking. The gun costs $280 dollars less than a NIB $700 ccm gun, that is almost a 39% difference in price.

Also switching the stock hogue grips (genuine hogue grips!) for hogue grip panels with palm swells made the gun feel so much better. I love my sniper at the moment.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

cockers are not hard to work its called reading a book. what i think made the cocker a "bad name" was all the knock-offs. WGP and esplise and BL where tune out of the factory.

i hope to see a aftermarket to make this in a autococker. i know it wont happen
cether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lightly seasoned

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cether View Post
cockers are not hard to work its called reading a book. what i think made the cocker a "bad name" was all the knock-offs. WGP and esplise and BL where tune out of the factory.

i hope to see a aftermarket to make this in a autococker. i know it wont happen
Cockers gave Cockers a bad name. They came stock from WGP with an absolutely garbage LPR, and a crappy 3-way that had way too many parts in it. Glenn Palmer started the aftermarket craze by creating a decent LPR, the Rock, which you needed just to run a Cocker for a few hours.

They eventually became pretty good out of the box, but for nearly 10 years a Cocker was virtually un-useable out of the box.

There is absolutely NO market for a mechanical closed bolt semi anymore - MCB is a very small, albeit fairly vocal, minority, but we don't count when it comes to KEE making decisions like bringing back the Cocker.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire