mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Empire (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/empire/)
-   -   Empire Sniper (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/empire/211274-empire-sniper.html)

Tree 08-18-2012 06:02 PM

Empire Sniper
 
I have shot a pump gun once and I enjoyed it, so I played around with a few others and I thought that they were pretty fun aswell. So, I decided to put an order in for the Empire Sniper, what can I expect from the price? Is it a good gun for a player new to pump?

dac wolf 08-19-2012 09:39 PM

Its good gun, though I would if I was new to pump go to the b/s/t pump area and pick up a fairly newer cocker such as a 2004 pro stock or a nice trilly pump even for cheap and buy a barrel kit, better bang for your buck

Deuce 08-19-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJOttawa (Post 2448965)
The Empire Sniper is an excellent gun; it'd be great for anyone, new or experienced.

Some of the little touches I like about it are the on-off ASA, the included barrel kit, and the quick-pull bolt for fast on-field barrel cleaning. (no lost bolt pins)

If I were buying an open class pump, the Empire Sniper is the gun I'd buy.

I'll chime in here with some constructive criticism. Great gun, fabulous value for the $ for a new pump player, great features stock.

That said I don't personally recommend it to new (to the sport) players or those not mechanically inclined. There was a few local guys in FL that had them and they were notorious for shooting a couple small parts off and causing a full scale search. All that just from guys messing around with removing the bolt.

Nothing like 10 guys at a big game crawling around in the grass like they're looking for a contact. I personally consider it a design flaw considering the package IS aimed at new players.

If you are able to tech your own gear without breaking the gun or losing parts you should be ok.

I second the recommendation for a used Sniper (pump kitted Autococker) from the BST. You can get a lot of gun for $100-250. Use that to decide if pump is for you, then you can sell it for close to the same coin and upgrade if you're going to stick with it.

Mr.Smith 08-19-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce (Post 2448984)
I'll chime in here with some constructive criticism. Great gun, fabulous value for the $ for a new pump player, great features stock.

That said I don't personally recommend it to new (to the sport) players or those not mechanically inclined. There was a few local guys in FL that had them and they were notorious for shooting a couple small parts off and causing a full scale search. All that just from guys messing around with removing the bolt.

Nothing like 10 guys at a big game crawling around in the grass like they're looking for a contact. I personally consider it a design flaw considering the package IS aimed at new players.

If you are able to tech your own gear without breaking the gun or losing parts you should be ok.

I second the recommendation for a used Sniper (pump kitted Autococker) from the BST. You can get a lot of gun for $100-250. Use that to decide if pump is for you, then you can sell it for close to the same coin and upgrade if you're going to stick with it.

What parts would those be? Nothing in my experience with mine flies out, but removing the pump kit is a bitch and a 1/2.

Paintthinner 08-22-2012 09:33 PM

I love my sniper, best bang for the buck that out on the market right now

Deuce 08-22-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Smith (Post 2448991)
What parts would those be? Nothing in my experience with mine flies out, but removing the pump kit is a bitch and a 1/2.

I don't remember exactly because I was watching from the side and over a shoulder but it was something spring loaded.

If I can track down a diagram I'll try to see what it was.

77monteballer 08-29-2012 05:21 PM

ive had mine for a few months now and i havent had a single problem with it. im shootin 280 +/- 3 and at ~120 psi. its smoothe and doesnt kick much at all. the first thing i did was to take the hitman lever off because i HATE those things.

stock grips are nice for guys with big hands (me) so i left em on.

just be sure to keep your pump handle guide rog oiled. you can use the grease they send with they gun or a good firearm oil. this will make the pump stroke REALLY nice. personally, i like my sniper more than the T2 i had just because it feels more solid. i had an older polished T2 and it felt a little flimsy.

the feedneck its kindof a PITA to take off to use the stick feed and the stick feed is a PITA as well. imin the process of adding a phantom type feedgate to my tube to make it easier to use.

overall, im REALLY happy with my Sniper. i got a GREAT deal on it through my sponsorship but would have gladly paid the full price.

Bloop 08-29-2012 09:19 PM

I agree, I do not like the stick feed but you can grease up that little thing that swivels around if you need to...

nerdcore 08-31-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce (Post 2452346)
I don't remember exactly because I was watching from the side and over a shoulder but it was something spring loaded.

If I can track down a diagram I'll try to see what it was.

If that happened when they were messing with the bolt, they probably pulled the bolt pin completely out, exposing the retaining ball & spring. Genius. I'd blame user-error on that one.

njk 10-16-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dac wolf (Post 2448939)
Its good gun, though I would if I was new to pump go to the b/s/t pump area and pick up a fairly newer cocker such as a 2004 pro stock or a nice trilly pump even for cheap and buy a barrel kit, better bang for your buck

I Second that. Loved my trilogy pump back in the day. Like wolf said buy a trilogy pump ($100-150) and a freak barrel kit ($150ish) and you'll be a killer.

-Nate


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC