mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 08-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Empire Sniper

I have shot a pump gun once and I enjoyed it, so I played around with a few others and I thought that they were pretty fun aswell. So, I decided to put an order in for the Empire Sniper, what can I expect from the price? Is it a good gun for a player new to pump?
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pump play is the only way

Its good gun, though I would if I was new to pump go to the b/s/t pump area and pick up a fairly newer cocker such as a 2004 pro stock or a nice trilly pump even for cheap and buy a barrel kit, better bang for your buck
dac wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
The Empire Sniper is an excellent gun; it'd be great for anyone, new or experienced.

Some of the little touches I like about it are the on-off ASA, the included barrel kit, and the quick-pull bolt for fast on-field barrel cleaning. (no lost bolt pins)

If I were buying an open class pump, the Empire Sniper is the gun I'd buy.
I'll chime in here with some constructive criticism. Great gun, fabulous value for the $ for a new pump player, great features stock.

That said I don't personally recommend it to new (to the sport) players or those not mechanically inclined. There was a few local guys in FL that had them and they were notorious for shooting a couple small parts off and causing a full scale search. All that just from guys messing around with removing the bolt.

Nothing like 10 guys at a big game crawling around in the grass like they're looking for a contact. I personally consider it a design flaw considering the package IS aimed at new players.

If you are able to tech your own gear without breaking the gun or losing parts you should be ok.

I second the recommendation for a used Sniper (pump kitted Autococker) from the BST. You can get a lot of gun for $100-250. Use that to decide if pump is for you, then you can sell it for close to the same coin and upgrade if you're going to stick with it.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I'll chime in here with some constructive criticism. Great gun, fabulous value for the $ for a new pump player, great features stock.

That said I don't personally recommend it to new (to the sport) players or those not mechanically inclined. There was a few local guys in FL that had them and they were notorious for shooting a couple small parts off and causing a full scale search. All that just from guys messing around with removing the bolt.

Nothing like 10 guys at a big game crawling around in the grass like they're looking for a contact. I personally consider it a design flaw considering the package IS aimed at new players.

If you are able to tech your own gear without breaking the gun or losing parts you should be ok.

I second the recommendation for a used Sniper (pump kitted Autococker) from the BST. You can get a lot of gun for $100-250. Use that to decide if pump is for you, then you can sell it for close to the same coin and upgrade if you're going to stick with it.
What parts would those be? Nothing in my experience with mine flies out, but removing the pump kit is a bitch and a 1/2.

Black Chrome T8, CCM S5, Invert Mini I, Invert Mini II, Y-framed Minimag
Feedback.
Author of Useful Resources For Tiberius Owners.
Mr.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oh that guy

CCM Fan
I love my sniper, best bang for the buck that out on the market right now
Paintthinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smith View Post
What parts would those be? Nothing in my experience with mine flies out, but removing the pump kit is a bitch and a 1/2.
I don't remember exactly because I was watching from the side and over a shoulder but it was something spring loaded.

If I can track down a diagram I'll try to see what it was.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

ive had mine for a few months now and i havent had a single problem with it. im shootin 280 +/- 3 and at ~120 psi. its smoothe and doesnt kick much at all. the first thing i did was to take the hitman lever off because i HATE those things.

stock grips are nice for guys with big hands (me) so i left em on.

just be sure to keep your pump handle guide rog oiled. you can use the grease they send with they gun or a good firearm oil. this will make the pump stroke REALLY nice. personally, i like my sniper more than the T2 i had just because it feels more solid. i had an older polished T2 and it felt a little flimsy.

the feedneck its kindof a PITA to take off to use the stick feed and the stick feed is a PITA as well. imin the process of adding a phantom type feedgate to my tube to make it easier to use.

overall, im REALLY happy with my Sniper. i got a GREAT deal on it through my sponsorship but would have gladly paid the full price.
Dallas NotoRious #77
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Mich View Post
So very tempting. Let me weigh the cost/benefits between paying rent or buying a _____.
Big Daddy Cool is watching you...

feedback-here
feedback-CC
feedback-PbN
77monteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Barned

I agree, I do not like the stick feed but you can grease up that little thing that swivels around if you need to...
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Radical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I don't remember exactly because I was watching from the side and over a shoulder but it was something spring loaded.

If I can track down a diagram I'll try to see what it was.
If that happened when they were messing with the bolt, they probably pulled the bolt pin completely out, exposing the retaining ball & spring. Genius. I'd blame user-error on that one.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
njk
Pump Player since 96`

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dac wolf View Post
Its good gun, though I would if I was new to pump go to the b/s/t pump area and pick up a fairly newer cocker such as a 2004 pro stock or a nice trilly pump even for cheap and buy a barrel kit, better bang for your buck
I Second that. Loved my trilogy pump back in the day. Like wolf said buy a trilogy pump ($100-150) and a freak barrel kit ($150ish) and you'll be a killer.

-Nate

Autotrigger = Ramping for pump guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHSquared View Post
If you build it, we will spend.
njk is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire