mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 08-28-2007, 09:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eisenherz

Crash,

I have had my Mini for about 5 months. I have an earlier Mini with a S/N of just over 1200. I had the old style poppet and 1.1 board. I had to send it to KEE, due to a no shoot problem. KEE replaced the solenoid and the poppet with the new style. If you buy a new Mini you will have all the latest fixes. The issues with the Mini are detents and the poppet. The newer detents have a longer spring. The poppet is stiff in the bore of the bolt guide when the gun is new. I removed the o-ring from my new poppet and polished the outside where it rides in the bolt guide with Brasso. A problem which persists is barrel breaks when my tank drops below 1000 psi. I have a Pulse and a chip. If I were to buy again I would by a Velocity to go with the Mini. Seems the more you use it the better it shoots. Overall I like the Mini and plan on continuing to use it.

Sean
nhmercracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

Each time I watch this animation I'm more impressed by how elegant the operation is. There's very little energy used in moving mass around.

The only mechanical overhead is moving the 12g bolt and compressing the return spring. I like it.
facebook.com/ronhockman <- Me
XBL: CompulsionUF
Compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

I've had one for 4 or 5 months and it's been perfect. I didn't like the idea of not having an on/off at first, but the lack of an external macro and the size greatly offsets that. Just back the tank off 3/4 of a turn and fire 1 shot and it's degassed. The spring severely wears the Al bolt. Not a functional problem, but I'll probaly pick up a delrin one sooner or later. It's seems a little loud compared to most other guns. It's been a great gun so far. I love it at least as much as my A1 and DM 6.
Pardini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
I have two Mini's and so far they have been problematic. One keeps blowing the poppet. The first time after about fifty balls, sent it back to Kee (they were very helpful) and used it last weekend. Lasted about 500 rounds before the same problem occurred. Second one is currently only useful as a soup maker, it busts more balls than a roomful of lesbians. Haven't had time to sort out the issues with this one yet.

I actually really like the feel of the marker and the performance is great. Hopefully I can get these working, because I really enjoyed playing with them; but right now I can't rely on them as a primary marker for a tournament.
tarakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardini View Post
The spring severely wears the Al bolt. Not a functional problem, but I'll probaly pick up a delrin one sooner or later.
If anything, the delrin will wear worse than the aluminum.

Automags run stainless bolts still, because of wear from their spring that is mounted like it is on the mini.

Maybe nylon would work. The superbolt 1 came in delrin and later on it came in nylon. I am pretty sure that the nylon bolt actually worked well, while the delrin one wore pretty poorly.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to GetBunkerD Send a message via MSN to GetBunkerD

If anything, Nytrlon bolts would work better then the orangepb delrin types.

Its Nytrlyon not nylon.
GetBunkerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

No, it is nylon. I am talking about a the AGD superbolt 1.

I dont know what nytrytynylylon is. Did you mean nylatron? Nylatron is still nylon. I dont think AGD ever talked about what type of nylon they used, but it may have been nylatron.

We will just have to see how long the delrin bolts last in mini owners guns.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

I have the sunset mini, havent had a problem with it at all. This marker rips!!
halob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Official PBN Translator

I got one and I must say, it's going up for sale when I get the time.

When we first got it, the noid was blown right off the bat so we had to send it to KEE.

Got it back and it have a noticeable scratch

The Mini's stock board has basic modes you would need for tourney play. However, programming the board takes a bit and the modes themselves aren't that great. (In PSP it shoots 3 extra ball even after your last shot ... I didnt like that at all).

The gun is very different. You will have to learn a whole new platform. Maintanace isn't bad but it's not easiest when it comes to relubing the bolt.

The bolt itself is high force. You will want to make sure your hopper keeps up or you will be chopping a lot. Ball breaks will happen. If you stuck your finger in there and shot, it would easily break. Now this might seem silly, but when you are dealing with paint that is very thin, you have to wonder why the paint doesnt break even more. Most highend markers have a bolt with lower force so brittle paint is no problem, which is desired in tournament play. Mini is iffy with brittle paint.

I really don't like how the gun is balanced. The gun is just unbalanced. The loader will make it top heavy and the tank on back doesn't help much to offset. Once again, might seem silly but if you are playing in a tourney, you will switch hands a lot and overall it may be awkward.

All and all, the mini is ok, but I feel there are better guns out there in the price range. I think the PMR (with UL frame ) is probably the best entry level marker out there that has the versatility of being tournement ready out of the box and a good woods marker.
Raion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:35 AM   #20 (permalink)

love my two minis. I think I am going to sell all the rest of my electros. except the excal...except the eclipse led... everything else I am going to sell.
check my brother's video of me shooting it. YouTube - yodamann's Channel

I shot one in a spring league for 6 weeks. I did have the set screw that holds electronics on unscrew. the whole clip/foregrip pull off. I slid it back on work find. No other problems: love this marker!
richter is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire