mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 08-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Invert Mini - Owners talk to me!

Well I got to looking at some of the new electro's and the Mini caught my eye. I have read up on some of the info on line and asked the local shop owner about them but I want some real life owner (past owner) feedback on them.
So tell me what you think good, bad, problems you have had. I know how they feel with the tank hopper combo I will be using so I am not looking for things like one of the PB Review articles I saw where someone was griping about the asa/reg and their tank hitting their mask. Things I am looking for that might be of use:
dependability
ease of maintenance
customer service issues with company
recommendations of settings/upgrades for best overall results
Thanks

My FS Listing
Misc bits-

My feed back:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1021

Carter's Commando Texas Division:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-division.html
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Jet

I've had my mini for about a month now and have only had one problem with it. The magnet on top of the trigger which activates the Hall Effect sensor wasn't loctited like the others I have seen so it moved out of place and my gun wouldn't shoot. It is an easy fix tho with a dab of red loctite it has worked fine since. I've gotten extremely good efficiency out of my mini at about 2 Hoppers and 8 Pods off of a 68/45 Dye tank. The maitenence has been very straightforward and easy with no problems in that area. I would highly reccomend this gun to anyone who is looking for a electro.

Wiping will damage your karma and adversely affect your Pump Fu.
My Photo Page: Jet Photography
Shocker03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Not Popular

Board Message

my review of mine
Cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
Board Message

my review of mine
Do you still have the pics of the asa/reg area you were talking about, with the air trans line? I couldn't get them to load on SCP!

My FS Listing
Misc bits-

My feed back:

Old 08-27-2007, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

I bought my Mini last week. It's one of the new Olive ones. If you have the opportunity to hold one in person, I suggest you do. It's light and tiny, which makes snapshooting a breeze. It's so tight, though, that it seems that running and shooting might be a little less stable.

Kick is on the low end of moderate. The only cycling mass is a 12g bolt. In terms of noise: I use my Freak/Apex hybrid barrel w/out porting, so mine is loud. Your mileage will vary in that regard.

I'm getting a bit over half a case off a 68/4500. I have it on good authority that that number can go up by 2-3 pods with a delrin bolt.

With the main spring broken in, but not the reg (see below) I was getting +/- 4fps over the chrono.

It comes with a goodie-bag of accessories:
-Toolkit w/ lube, rebuild set of o-rings, spare screws, spare detents and all necessary allen keys
-Clamping feedneck
-Spring-powered rebuild-able detents
-Barrel plug
-Dog Tags
-Hard-shelled Carrying Case

Like I said, get a hold of one in person and see if you like the gripframe, trigger and overall feel. If you like that, then I can really suggest it based on my experiences so far.

It does require some breaking in. The bolt is FASOR and the spring requires some breaking in. You don't have to do that by firing, you can just find something to keep it squeezed in for a few hours. I used some books. Like I said before, after doing this I got +/- 4, and that should get better as the reg breaks in.

It was the review on MCBTV that finally pushed me over the edge and had me get one.

Some videos:
Disassembly
Assembly pt 1
Assembly pt 2

facebook.com/ronhockman <- Me
XBL: CompulsionUF

Last edited by Compulsion; 08-27-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

The Olive is the one I tried this weekend and was +/- about 2 fps with old paint, stock barrel and not broken in! The only problem I had was dead batterys in the halo I borrowed! I still put a couple of hoppers through it but I did find I have no freeking use for ramping!

My FS Listing
Misc bits-

My feed back:

Old 08-27-2007, 09:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I used to have a silver one. It was small & light. Took a little getting used because I am used to using a Tac One or Blazer. Personally, I like the feel of the Blazer better. I was suprised that it was a little on the loud side for an electro. Efficiency was good and overall feel was good. Snapshooting was easy because of size and weight. I do like the new olive color. I also had a APE board in my Mini.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to GetBunkerD Send a message via MSN to GetBunkerD

my review - My DETAILED review of the Invert Mini
GetBunkerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to paintballwannab

I liked the gun when I had it, shoots decent but always seemed to break paint in the stock barrel, but with a freak it was fine.
My old style Freak back had to be sanded down to fit into the breach, but thats more of a SP thing then a Mini issue.

I didnt' like that the ASA wasn't a On/Off, but other then that no issues with it.

It was very consitant over a chrono, I loved the case and tool kit that are included with it. Was a little weird that it came with a barrel plug and not a condom.

Overall to me for the price it was a pretty good gun, you can't go wrong with it. At this point all of the issues should be worked out(poppet/board).

Also in the same price range you may want to look into is the Fusion, although with that I have seen a bad board in one and a bad noid in another, DP fixed them without a problem though.
Ebay
http://myworld.ebay.com/paintballwannab/
Mcarterbrown.com
http://mcarterbrown.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8131

I do powder coating, PM for details.
paintballwannab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Most people seem super pelased with theirs.

The only thing I've noticed is that some folks get a bad one and it's a lemon. No matter what they do or how many times they send it in, it's still a mess and quite often for different reasons each time it comes back. Of course the folks with those issues make a lot more posts about it than the folks who have no problems so I think it's defnitely a small minority.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Mr. Furious is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire