mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 11-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
D G
Team-PAIN

tech-t bolt and spring combo adjustments on tm-7 ?

I'm new to the gun and didn't see info on the techt site. Have the bolt and spring kit. What strength spring should I use and are the any settings that I need to change to use this combo?
D G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hmmm I know the bolt on the TM-7 is longer than that of the mini/axe but the insides are the same in principle.
I've seen people use the medium tension spring from the spring kit.
Then drop the pressure down to 150-160psi and if there is a back cap on the TM-7, back that out 1.5 turns from all the way in. If shooting hot, lower the reg pressure a bit and shoot 5 shots as you do it until it settles.

I hope that applies to the TM-7
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ma'am, I are the manager

Erik Cromer did a lot of testing with his axe with the lurker/techt/boss bolts. He has a thread on the PBriot showing all of his findings/settings. With the TM-7 being a part of the mini/axe family internally, the settings will be similar. He recommends to turn your velocity adjuster out(counterclockwise) until your velocity peaks, then leave it there. Because the TM-7 velocity adjuster is enclosed, it is difficult to count how many turns you are at to achieve 1.5 turns out. So using this method and adjusting velocity through the reg is the best way to reduce sound signature and increase smoothness.

Cromers axe/mini setting research
ethanjhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Cheers Hustle - I thought as much. As for Cromers guide, that is PERFECT! However, my Axe with Redline won't cycle at 3ms - think it starts being snappy around 5ms..
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ma'am, I are the manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
Cheers Hustle - I thought as much. As for Cromers guide, that is PERFECT! However, my Axe with Redline won't cycle at 3ms - think it starts being snappy around 5ms..
Yeah I raised my dwell from 3ms to 4ms with the boss bolt. Seemed to help with drop off. - Cromer
ethanjhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Cheers - will give it a go when it arrives

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire