mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 01-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
RUN IT ON LIQUID!!!

tuning your Mini

I heard the other day that somewhere in the vastness of the interwebs that there is a "tuning your mini" thread or video or something. I have failed to find it has anyone come across this?

MCB Feedback
resistance16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
BudgetBaller 2.0

MY local shop posted a Tuning your axe video from youtube
Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bricew25...ow=grid&view=0
bricew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
SMOOTHEST TUNING METHOD! Axe/Mini owners come in.

This is the most popular method. However, there really isn't much you can do if you still have the stock bolt. Stock Minis prefer 8ms of dwell and can get finky if you lower it. They also highly prefer the stock spring as well.

If you want to make a big change in the Mini, check out Boss's Imfamous/XSV bolts. Lurker makes a nice one as well, but his design adds more dynamic seals. I love the Mini for their reliability and the last thing I wanted on mine was more seals that would eventually fail.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hustle Paintball

^ this and our very own Erik Cromer did some research and comparison between the aftermarket bolts available. He posted his findings and settings to give you a idea of what settings he was using.
Cromers axe/mini setting research
Hustle Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
A sponsored player promoting the one upgrade bolt Hustle Paintball carries might not be the most reliable source, especially when it's going against years of consensus in the Axe/Mini community.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hustle Paintball

Hey there Minimag,
Believe me, if we could convince boss to send us bolts so we can be a dealer, we would. The boss bolt was by far the best bolt in my opinion, also easiest to setup. If you read the thread i made, i clearly say that. Its not a matter of me being a sponsored player promoting what my work carries. That's not how we work here. We give honest opinions, regardless of sponsorship. We don't want players buying mediocre equipment, when they could buy something better and save money in the long run.
-Cromer
Hustle Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I must have missed the paragraph after the Boss data, unless it was added after I read it. I see the post was edited today after 11 months of being posted. Either way, I'm glad that it's clear that the techt isn't worth the money.

Also, it sounds like the solenoid is sticking in the reviewers Axe. The poppet wouldn't cause a ball to be pushed down the barrel without the bolt being forward, and the only way the bolt moves forward is when the solenoid is open. A little oil on the solenoid spool might help.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire