mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 07-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Getting two RF units to work without a host board

Currently doing a box mag project, and have one RF unit, and another on the way. (transmitters/receivers). I'm wondering if anyone has had a fiddle with these units, and got them to talk to each other (and even synchonise with each other?) without a host board?

I'm thinking maybe using them on something like a Reloader B2 board? I did notice that the B2 boards actually have the same layout as the rip clip boards for the soldering points where the pig-tail is connected to the loader board. Wondering if this might actually be a viable option? (Rather than using a magna board).

Any info on how they work, and which connection does what would be great :-)

Current Projects: SP-1 with Dye DAM mags and 150 Round Magna RF DAM Box Mag | Delta .68 pistol | Spyder MR1
Previous guns: Two Tan and Black Modified TM7's (1) (2) | Ariakon ACP 2.0 | Zeus G2+

Last edited by Scougar; 07-04-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Scougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
tinkerer

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Ive been doing something very silmilar man with a tm 15. i went with a sound activated halo too board. had trouble with my prototype not picking up the shot signature. the tm 15 is very very quiet. i beleive my position was too far from the reciver. i have been thinking about going to an rf board so i would also love the answer to this ill be opening a thread to show the project. all mouting bracket and mag machined from delrin and alum.
nhadley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Paroxysm

You could alternatively extend the microphone on the board. (The TMs are very quiet though compared to blowback which is why they needed a TM specific version of the rip clip).

By the way, I eventually got hold of a cheap magna board which is rf capable (expandable) mainly because I wanted the box mag to be activated as quickly as possible after a trigger pull.

Current Projects: SP-1 with Dye DAM mags and 150 Round Magna RF DAM Box Mag | Delta .68 pistol | Spyder MR1
Previous guns: Two Tan and Black Modified TM7's (1) (2) | Ariakon ACP 2.0 | Zeus G2+
Old 08-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
tinkerer

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Yes they are very quiet and someone else sugested doing that i will also be mounting the board at the top of the box. with the way i machined the mounting block it rides on the mag well im trying to make contact with the body to try and get the vibrations to transfer to the box
Old 08-27-2014, 11:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
tinkerer

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
this is the mounting block
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2014, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Paroxysm

I hope a single 9v works out for you. They don't really have the current for a decent push (box mag) configuration. Using AAs or two 9v together for more current would be beneficial for drive strength.

That looks like some fantastic work there. Really neat.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
tinkerer

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
no man thats the battery for the marker itself i replaced the org. mag with is one the batty pack will be inside the box and i think i will go with either a 6 aa or 4 aa pack to drive it
Old 08-27-2014, 11:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
tinkerer

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
and really apricate the help man thanks in perfect world i would love to just go with an rf chip im not to good with wiring of circit boards. i dont know enough about them to start messen with them
Old 09-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
tinkerer

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Update: the sound activation is working flawlessly and the stock motor has enough juice to drive the entireball stack 30-40 balls. had to wire 3 6packs of AA. 18total to get a constant 9.24 volts even under a load. so far the box mag is working flawlessly
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2014, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Still think you would be better with baffles in it to alleviate the weight.

Good work though, must be a right hoot!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire