mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 03-12-2009, 06:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Mini board problems

Hey, I'm having a problem with my new mini. It keeps going into Millennium F/A at the maximum ROF cap when the battery gets even a little low. On the old battery it would start ramping and then just keep shooting 20bps F/A when I would start shooting really fast. I just replaced the battery and it isn't happening much but when I start ripping on the trigger it goes into ramping a little bit.

It is a V1 board so that is probably a big part of it. Is there anything I can do without shipping the gun back to Invert? Failing that, does Invert cover board issues?

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Milquetoast

I'm not sure if you can trade it in or what, but you can........*drum roll*.......

Call there tech support number.

People always brag about there customer service idk y they were pretty much jerks to me, but they know everything there is too know about minis and return policys

just go to their site and call em up. (i was on hold for 20minutes w/ them before so be prepared for )
ConradNorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

It's actually been kind of okay since I replaced the battery. I just hope it doesn't start doing this again if it gets low on battery.

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Old 03-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not an expert at all with the Mini, but are you using quality batteries such as the Energizer Max. I think some markers tend to be picky on batteries and it is possible you could have gotten an old batch of batteries. Just my two cents. Hope the problem doesn't happen again, but if it does try a high end battery if you hadn't already.
xX TANK Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

The mini is very picky about low batteries. Use a name brand like duracell and energizer. And you really should get the newer 1.1 Optimus board, many of the issues the early minis had were attributed to the old board which you have.

Also, call Kee 1 800 220 3222
Paintball Solutions - Home

Kee has GREAT customer service and will take care of you. I have dealt with them and it aint no joke.
Doomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Marathoner

I'm pretty sure the newer board is the 1.2 Optimus board.

I think there is a rumor going around that Invert will be releasing a 1.3 board since the 1.1 and 1.2 are no longer PSP legal. I could be totally wrong on both counts though.

And yes, use quality batteries. Minis get dumb on cheap/low batteries.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

I stuck fresh batteries in it and the problem went away. It still has an insane amount of bounce with the stock trigger but at least it's not ramping.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
I stuck fresh batteries in it and the problem went away. It still has an insane amount of bounce with the stock trigger but at least it's not ramping.

Try adjusting the trigger to get rid of bounce.
Doomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Done it already. I had it adjusted VERY liberally (about a quarter inch throw) and it still bounced like mad. The magnet just doesn't have the power to keep it from bouncing.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Eisenherz

Go to Radio Shack, They have small circular magnets. Use one small magnet, and stick it to the magnet on the frame under the trigger. No glue is needed, as it will stick to the existing magnet. This should be enough to eliminate the bounce.
You Must Learn The Ways Of The Brass.. The Brass will reveal itself only to those who are genuine in their pursuit. You must become open to The Brass in order to receive it. You will never find The Brass until you overcome your fear of truth. Truth and The Brass are one.
My MCB Feedback

|fun|#Born2Die|

W202 - Club202 is Back! W201

Other man stuff - The Garage Journal

Last edited by nhmercracer; 03-21-2009 at 01:41 AM.
nhmercracer is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire