mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 03-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Legen.... dary

Got myself a Mini

So I found a local guy selling his Mini... so I decided to get and give it a try

Now I need a HPA tank for it and a hopper.
I have both, but they are for my Mag and if my GF wants to play with my Mini, well I need a second tank and hopper

Now for the pics.

Thanks for looking
Old 03-18-2009, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Way to go on scoring the aluminum case bro. I want one of those or an Invert tech mat.

I dont know what your preferences are, but a Velocity Jr and a 45/45 crossfire compliment the mini nicely. Dont wory about LP or HP, the mini will work with either. A LP tank will just make unscrewing the tank easier.
Doomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Legen.... dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomie View Post
Way to go on scoring the aluminum case bro. I want one of those or an Invert tech mat.

I dont know what your preferences are, but a Velocity Jr and a 45/45 crossfire compliment the mini nicely. Dont wory about LP or HP, the mini will work with either. A LP tank will just make unscrewing the tank easier.
Thanks man. Actually the handle on the case os broken Well better that then the marker itself haha Marker is really clean also.

yeah I will go with a HP tank since I have allot of mags that need HP. Also, I am pretty much forced to go with a 68/45 only because if I want to switch that tank to my mag, I will have more than 500-600 shots But Crossfire is one of my choices.

Funny thing, I always though the Mini ASA was on/off. To bad, it would have been really nice.

I will look into the Velocity Jr, I was looking for a middle grade hopper that could keep up and not destroy my wallet But the Rotor and Prophecy and tempting haha

Now since it's pretty much my first Electro marker, I have allot of learning to do haha
Old 03-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Marathoner

You might want to look into a Ninja tank.
Ninja Paintball Paintball Air Systems, Paintball Regulators and Regulator Parts

It is a semi-adjustable reg that can go from 450-850psi (some claim up to 950). I use a reg that they made and it works great with my mini (set at 450) and my mag (set at 850).
Old 03-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Legen.... dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretweaponevan View Post
You might want to look into a Ninja tank.
Ninja Paintball Paintball Air Systems, Paintball Regulators and Regulator Parts

It is a semi-adjustable reg that can go from 450-850psi (some claim up to 950). I use a reg that they made and it works great with my mini (set at 450) and my mag (set at 850).
Thanks bud,

It's funny because we are talking about the Ninja reg over at AO forum and we are seeing that alot fo people have heard many different things about those regs.
So one guy asked a Rep from Ninja to come and clarrify a couple of things.

But Ninja tanks are on the list for sure.

Thanks, it's good to hear some feedback from those regs
Old 03-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Marathoner

No sweat.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Legen.... dary

well I finally went to shoot my new mini today.
It was kinda cheap paint and kinda old (5 month)
But I got like crazy ball breaks.
This is my first time with an electro so maybe my Eggy III is not fast enough for the mini. Possible?

Also, first time I put ballz in the hopper it did not shoot and then after a couple of pulls it started shooting well. So it got me thinking that maybe I need to clean the eyes. Any particular way to do so?

thanks
Old 04-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
well I finally went to shoot my new mini today.
It was kinda cheap paint and kinda old (5 month)
But I got like crazy ball breaks.
This is my first time with an electro so maybe my Eggy III is not fast enough for the mini. Possible?

Also, first time I put ballz in the hopper it did not shoot and then after a couple of pulls it started shooting well. So it got me thinking that maybe I need to clean the eyes. Any particular way to do so?

thanks
if its used, I would pick up an o-ring kit for it and replace all the o-rings - you can get a kit for 1.00 ona coupel different sites. chances are you were getting blowby and it was forcing the paint up into the feedneck and breaking it.

Not firing for a few shots is a sign of a gummed up NOID, take the solenoid off, take the 3 screws out, clean the shaft and orings inside, relube the orings LIGHTLY and reassemble - part of the noid chould be sticking out.

as far as cleanign the eyes - take off rame and battery, remove screws from manifold, remove sensor/eye board and wipe it off.

Carefull not to loose the tiny white restrictor when you take off the manifold.

Styg

Now you probably know why it was so cheap
Stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Marathoner

My eggy III did the same thing. Turns out that the paddle's stem cracked on the motor's gear. Superglued the paddle's stem back together and it's been fine ever since. I figure that it cracked when my hopper was full.

Just something to keep an eye on.

Also, make sure you enable the eyes and they are clean.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Legen.... dary

Thanks guys.

I still have the o-ring kit it came with since the guy before me never used them. So I will open it up and clean it all up and change the o-rings.

I will check my eggy also to see if it's all top notch

thanks

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire