mcarterbrown.com  

Empire Mini - Axe - Empire Sniper

Old 04-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Any suggestions for my buddy's Mini problem

This is copy/pasted from his post in another forum.

Sporadic Mini Not firing issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've expereinced this problem twice now. Once at the Grail game and again in my backyard the other day. I had about half a hopper full(fresh batteries in the marker and Hopper) and it fired about 20 shots and then stopped. The lights on the board would blink like it would fire but no ball would exit the barrel.

My Pressure on the on-marker reg is set at just below 200.

When it stops firing, I can see balls in the feedneck ready to drop into the chamber, so I di not think the problem is the hopper(HaloB).

I had not cleaned the marker since I purchased it from another X7OG'er, so I took the bolt out the rear. it was not gunked up at all and had a light coating of grease. I cleaned it and put that back in. I need to tear the whole marker down and inspect the eyes to make sure they are not dirty.

I suppose I can test the eyes functionality by powering up the marker and holding the trigger in to disable the eyes. If that let's the marker fire withoiut stopping(with the chance for chops), then do you think the eye board is faulty?

EDIT:

I called KEE and spoke to a Mark. He told me to clean the marker well especially the eyes and the channels that the eyes peek through. I tore the marker down, except for the grip. Put it all back together and tested.

She would fire about 20 or so rounds ( with the eyes on) and then stop. If I turn the marker off and back on while holding the trigger(eyes off), she will fire without issue.

I decided to order a new eye board as a start. If that fails to remedy the issue, I'm tossing a tadao board in. I'm currently at v 1.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. We have a scenario coming up at the end of the month and we want him up and running for it.
xX TANK Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Smurfs, Gotta Love Them

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Certainly sounds like an issue with the eyes. As suggested by Kee i'd start with the board and/or the eye themselves.

Proud member of The Peacekeepers & UMSG JTF7
KoolKat's Feedback
KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Problem is easy to fix....first grab a trash can lol J/K

I agree it sounds like an eye issue,definitely start there....Also you may want to double check the trigger magnet,if it's misaligned or getting loose it can cause alot of issues.
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the input so far. My buddy and I are both new to the Mini. We purchased them used and in overall great condition. He's already ordered a new eye board so I hope that fixes it for him. Overall we both love the marker, but you can run into issues with anything on any marker IMO so it didn't put a bad taste in his mouth in regards to the MINI.

Last edited by xX TANK Xx; 04-09-2009 at 02:41 PM.
xX TANK Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Marathoner

Clean your noid.

Sorry to take you to pbn, but here it is:
First Shot / Second Shot issues.. - PbNation
Old 12-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

You did put new name brand batteries in it right? mini get weird when juice is low. second check you pins in the forgrip/board. make sure they are not bent. alot of people slam then in bending them and they don't seat right. i would also ajust your tigger sensior screw. if i rember correctly it the upper front one. it may be just at the piont past sencsing correctly.
crawler78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thank You, Player!

Are you using good paint? I've heard of eyes not 'seeing' some lower grade paints.
Woodenshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Is your hopper, i have the halo b aswell for my mini and sometimes it just doesnt push the ball all the way down, also check the eyes.
Jake85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Marathoner

Ouch. A re-necro.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Empire