mcarterbrown.com  

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 09-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

FPS is hard to control from the word go on some days - its an intriguing idea but not easy to implement across folks who may not know their marker maintenance very well either....

Ammo limits are not so bad if it applies to everyone across the board - if everyone is playing with the same 50 rounds whats not fair? could compromise at 100 rounds its an easy rule to follow and does not require any equipment change other than to leave the pods at the deadbox or the car.

I think that one of the attitude or playstyle questions (feel free to trample me if Im wrong =)) relate directly to controlling firepower. As I mentioned earlier I have seen great players who step up and help make the whole game fun for everyone there - I saw a player with a $1000 marker using it as a one shot every few seconds plinker and then step out of cover and take a hit. Ive been one to pump a few rounds off hold a few folks off then take a easy hit by leaving out the leg - I think that is more of what they would be searching for - people that make it fun for everyone.

Dont get me wrong - playing to win and playing with gusto is also fantastic - but some of the folks they are trying to level the field for are new, sometimes intimidated by firepower, no deep pockets for the hobby yet - if the player cannot be counted on to kick it down a bit for them - then a rule has to suffice.

Easy to implement rules make it a less bitter pill to swallow - saying something like - hey guys no batteries in hoppers and 100 rounds - takes you what 3 minutes to accomodate? dont have to change your programming or anything just take out the hopper batteries offload the hopper then dump 100 rounds in (one pod whatever meh) the field can even provide 10 10rnd tubes tied together to make the 100round dump easy too (or 5 for ez feed)

At the end of the day your refs will easily be able to sort folks who can play with the little fish and folks who need to swim with the sharks - its a combination of starting with a simple baseline rule and then moving folks around and kicking it up or down depending on the crowd.

Its one of the reasons no matter which marker I played with at my home field - if I wanted to swim with the little fish the refs never had a problem. My guys and I could be counted on to not crush the blooming players down.

I play with just about any marker that comes to hand (I even finally broke down and got some electro power in the form of a Karnivor, a Superstock, and messing around with a friend's Timmy) if I want to play hard I can - if I want to relax and help new or little fish swim its fun for me /shrug

eeeesh sorry for the book
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
A man without a mission

Brass N Wood Fan
I dont see the issue as an electro issue, I think its more a ROF issue and a respect issue. If a guy wants to use an electro (on semi), or even response, allow it (with whatever loading method they choose). But be sure to talk to the player before hand and make sure everyone is on the same page about 1 or 2 BPS max, as thats what everyone else is shooting with their pumps. If there is no respect, than mention it one more time and inform said player that they will be asked to play with another group if the high ROF continues.
I maintain that you should be shooting as fast as your being shot at, and I also maintain that irregardless of how the other player is playing, that you treat them with respect.

We have had some electros play with us and have had no issues, this just kinda proves that its not the gun or quantity of paint they carry, its the player, the guy pulling the trigger.

Just my $0.02
Flying Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman View Post

We have had some electros play with us and have had no issues, this just kinda proves that its not the gun or quantity of paint they carry, its the player, the guy pulling the trigger.

Just my $0.02
That was me
But I agree that rounds don't make a difference. If it gets to a point where people have to count balls before they play its just going to be a giant nuisance. Why don't we just allow people to play in our group, and if they abuse the privilege they get a warning, and then get kicked.
SteeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Pump player

CCM Fan
i am no member of FD but i do play with you guys.. First time i played with you guys i had my tippy with response trigger but i respected that you all were happy playing a certain style of pb and i adapted. Since then i have purchased a pump marker and am really learning alot. Goes to show others can do this as well.

ps dunx i got ur old school hopper give it to you next time

Featuring Death!!
MY FEEDBACK
MY YOUTUBE

Last edited by Inferno; 09-22-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #25 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The only time 50 rounds isn't enough if when you're "spamming" the trigger against other trigger "spammers" IMO.

I've played 30 minute games and just barely used 50. It's about picking the good shots and not wasting paint long balling.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
The only time 50 rounds isn't enough if when you're "spamming" the trigger against other trigger "spammers" IMO.

I've played 30 minute games and just barely used 50. It's about picking the good shots and not wasting paint long balling.
It depends on the player. 50 balls isn't always enough for me, but most of the time it is. Why not use a 200 rnd hopper and shoot an average of 35 balls, with a few exceptions of going over 50. It's more fun that way for me.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeeZ View Post
It depends on the player. 50 balls isn't always enough for me, but most of the time it is. Why not use a 200 rnd hopper and shoot an average of 35 balls, with a few exceptions of going over 50. It's more fun that way for me.
Agree, sometimes I just need to drop 6-7 shots to keep cj from coming up and poping me in the side of the head. Can't do that if I only have 50 rounds, I have played 10 min games with these guys with my pump and cram and jam and gone through 70 rounds.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
Counterpoint:

If I have an electro with a force feed loader, I can "rip a string" that will stop someone in their tracks and get them out. Paint needed: 5-10 balls.

With a stock class marker, I might take 20 shots getting the same person out because I have to snap or lead them or just keep trying that 100' shot that I can't seem to connect on.

Rate of fire is an advantage. It needs to be tempered by a disadvantage which limited paint is.
Your missing the point here. The idea is that the elctro player doesn't 'rip a string' and plays as if it were an open class pump. If he shoots it like a pump, then there is no need for the 'disadvantage'.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #29 (permalink)
FRONT Towards Enemy

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeeZ View Post
Your missing the point here. The idea is that the elctro player doesn't 'rip a string' and plays as if it were an open class pump. If he shoots it like a pump, then there is no need for the 'disadvantage'.
Yes, and no. We've got kynan who is a master of this technique of shooting an electro no differently than he would his phantom, and he is extremely effective with it too. Its the guys on the Dye suits that come from a heavy background of speedball who have the tendency to sling paint like it grows on trees.
DunXWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

In his defence, SteeeZ is one of the Dye-suited guys - but with a difference - see Mar's post (#22) above...

Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post
...Asking if anyone wants brass on MCB is like going to a Weight Watchers meeting and asking if anybody wants ice cream.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death