mcarterbrown.com  

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 09-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
being lit up by the pump guys.

Apparently the guy with the blue Mini who was on ramp elected to play with the rentals: he (or a friend) approached Scotty and comlained that they were bing 'lit up' by the pumpers...

I feel a little bad because I know I overshot the hell out of someone with the EGO10, but I apologised to everyone I could find, I guess not the right guy...

Anyhow, I guess that is the danger of starting an arms race.

Playing with us is a priveledge: We have no ref, we are in charge, it is essentially an 'invite' scenario. If you want to play with a rotor and 19 BPS against the stock classers, well; we can do that too... I know two wrongs don't make a right, but how do you get through to someone like that? Maybe someone other than me could talk to this kid, get him a pocket hopper and show him how to adjust the settings on his Mini...

19 BPS and he still couldn't hit jack sh!t...

Did we scare away the nice kid with the Punisher shirt too? I hope not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Naw, MAr's special. He's like Brad Pitt or George Clooney or something... totally cool to be a little gay for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Anyone not wanting to BE Mar is doing it wrong.
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Some people call being hit at all "lit up" or just spraying 100rnds at someones bunker and not hitting them at all can also be called "lit up" by some. I was told I was "lighting people up" last time I got my Quest out but I know I didn't shoot anyone more than 2 or 3 times, their bunkers tho definetly got pounded.

We all know those crazy pumpers just love lighting people up, especially the stock class noobs, what a bunch of hosers, haha.

If the kid doesn't like how you play, as long as it isn't potentially dangerous, tell him to deal with it or play w/ someone else. The rare occasion I play w/ a group who doesn't know me and we pick teams, I am one of the last few picked because I have a pump gun, they don't think I will be effective, but by the end of the day they see otherwise, my AT'd CCM's will shoot faster than most of their semi's will. You can still "light people up" no matter what you shoot, but if you use your brain, even w/ the fastest gun you can easily avoid it.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
Not to poke anyone in the chest but I feel like I get bashed when I suggest the electros put pocket hoppers or stick feeds on.
hahahaha! I may have 'teased' you on occasion, lol.

we have to find a happy medium though.

If we aren't getting referees, then we are in charge. So it is our group then. So if we feel like a player needs to be reffed, or is simply not being polite, then perhaps we should ask them to tone it down, or leave.

I really don't like doing it though - I just hate it... It makes me feel like a whiner, but it is legit - it is bigger than winning or losing: it is about everyone having fun and reducing the risk of injury/or confrontation.

I was freaking out when I realized that you were at the bunker challenging Fort Cuddles when I heard that guy ripping... I thought for sure you would tear a strip off him, so I was fighting real hard to get around him...

I realize that grabbing an electro was a dick move on my part, and to be honest I felt like an *** after I accidentally overshot that guy who was coming out of the bunker.

Maybe we should work on a sign, you know, like a table of rules that we could put up at the field for our walk on sundays:

IF you are playing with the Featuring Death walk-ons keep these things in mind:
  • The Featuring Death crew ARE the referees on the field
  • Semi automatic ONLY: No ramping, or burst fire permitted
  • We are here to have fun, so be respectful and try and enjoy yourselves
  • Want to try a pump or a 50 round loader to change things up? Ask one of us, we would be glad to loan you something to make your day more challenging and fun!

Quote:
Naw, MAr's special. He's like Brad Pitt or George Clooney or something... totally cool to be a little gay for him
Quote:
Old 09-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have no issue playing with electros and semi's when I have the pump out.
In fact I prefer it, I find it more challenging.

When I was playing originally we had a three round burst rule for the semis.
I have always played with that three round burst rule in mind.
Whether I am using my pump or if I have borrowed someone's electro or semi. You put three rounds in the air. You stop and wait to see where all three have landed and listened to see if they yell hit before you you put three more in the air and repeat.

Maybe we need to have our own sit down and go over the rules with all the walks on before we go out to the field. Just like they do with the rentals.
I know we lose some of the spontaneity but if it makes sure that every one is on the same page why not do it.

I would like us to be a little more vigilant about chonoing the walk on guys.
I saw one guy go out to the chorno two weeks ago when he was leaving for the day to fire off the end of his paint and every shot was making the chrono beep (including some that were not even over it).
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
I have no issue playing with electros and semi's when I have the pump out.
In fact I prefer it, I find it more challenging.

When I was playing originally we had a three round burst rule for the semis.
I have always played with that three round burst rule in mind.
Whether I am using my pump or if I have borrowed someone's electro or semi. You put three rounds in the air. You stop and wait to see where all three have landed and listened to see if they yell hit before you you put three more in the air and repeat.

Maybe we need to have our own sit down and go over the rules with all the walks on before we go out to the field. Just like they do with the rentals.
I know we lose some of the spontaneity but if it makes sure that every one is on the same page why not do it.

I would like us to be a little more vigilant about chonoing the walk on guys.
I saw one guy go out to the chorno two weeks ago when he was leaving for the day to fire off the end of his paint and every shot was making the chrono beep (including some that were not even over it).

The electros arent a challenge...lol.... Kilo, Kynan, CJ, Loopy.... those guys are a challenge! The electros are just annoying, although most of them are pretty good to play with.... just a few jerks in the pile.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Featuring Death

CCM Fan
I think the guy in the punisher shirt will be coming back. He was rocking a Trracer and when I was in the same bunker with him he was having a blast and telling me how much he liked it.
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
I would add: BORING.

I mean, I'll kill the electro-douches eventually but it bores the arse off me.

Electros slow the game down and make it predictable.

Pumps (especially stock class) make the game fast and unpredictable - which is fun in my book.

I'm playing for fun, not to prove anything.
Agree.

Trix and Angel for sale

Other Stuff For Sale

#MarIsAwesome
Keys_JR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I wasn't there but I have been when similar things have happened.

I think a possible solution may be to let people play with what they want and if they want to play with us they will have to go to limited ammo. To facilitate this maybe we could get a few 50 rnd hoppers to lend out.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
FRONT Towards Enemy

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I'm putting my vote in for a 50rnd cap on hoppers feeding electro's at our field. Getting bonus balled is a major tick-off and ramping/shooting ropes isn't at all conducive to the style of play that we enjoy at OXP. Let's just make sure that this policy is known and fairly enforced.
DunXWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sorry DunX, I have to respectfully disagree. The problem with the electro-shooters isn't them playing at OXP - the field does benefit from their business - the issue is with them not playing respectfully with our group. If these guys want to shoot 20+ BPS, with unlimited paint, I say "let them" - among themselves. If they want to play with us then they should expect to follow our "rules" - 50 round (or less) hoppers or 50 rounds (or less) on the field.

Collectively our group has a whole lot of experience playing a very technical style of paintball. We don't rely on sheer volume to overwhelm our opponents but rather movement, snap-shooting and teamwork. Perhaps we should take these frustrated electro-shooters aside and offer to show them some of the technical aspects of our playing style - provided that they agree to follow the "rules". We might actually be able to "convert" some more players to pump or limited paint play and everyone can have a fun time...

Canuck

Featuring Death: Bringing Honour to the Paintball Field

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death