mcarterbrown.com  

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 01-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
OXP meeting

Had a meet with Scotty tonight.

Some food for thought:

tearing down firebase - building a second village with huts and bigger buildings, using the barrels, the 'helicopter' and such. Making a small base on the mound (between the village now and the firebase now)

Memberships. to simplify who pays what making membership cards. Making membership an ANNUAL due, which we could pay in workdays, cash, reffing, whatever. Most fields or places in the world a membership IS an annual due, and as most of us work on the fields anyway I see no issue.

PLease contribue thoughts here guys! WHat do you think?
I am Susan. I just got out of Prison. My idea of a perfect date: First I will push you to the ground and force you to drink anti-freeze until you pass out. Then I will pee on your chest chanting "House on Fire, House on Fire! Put it out! Put it out!" The you will wake up in the morning with a size 9 poop chute.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Featuring Death!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Take down firebase? I thought we had big plans for it. I guess a more "village" like village would probably be more useful than the base, but still, we put lots of work into it. I agree with the membership idea. It will clear up any confusion AND give people a little bit more of a motive to help make/repair the fields. Cool
kynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry

AKA Fan
I really like the firebase, i just think it needs to be connected with the current village to make one big field.

About tge workdays, i want to come out (if you guys dont mind) , when is the next one?
Old 01-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Memberships. Yes!

Use the firebase material to build an actual village! He'll yes! More daily playable field will be much better than something that is only good for the occasional scenario.

Work days need to be planned days with a shelled, list of prioritized tasks, materials at theready and a BBQ at the end.

My business card says "Your in luck, I do two things..."
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
Who suggested taking down the firebase, Scotty or you?
Scotty. He isn't happy with it - he said "Why keep pouring time into something I wont be happy with when it's done"
I am Susan. I just got out of Prison. My idea of a perfect date: First I will push you to the ground and force you to drink anti-freeze until you pass out. Then I will pee on your chest chanting "House on Fire, House on Fire! Put it out! Put it out!" The you will wake up in the morning with a size 9 poop chute.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Thats awesome! I am glad he came to that conclusion.

While the firebase idea is good, it really wont get used enough or be versitile enough to be worth the time, effort and cost required to build it up.

That same time, effort, money and material can go a LOT further if it is put into making a super village with a smaller fort at one end. This will make the field a lot more inviting to play for everyone and a lot more versitile in regards to regular rec ball and possible scenario play as well.

MAr, if it is at all possible, could you possibly get Scotty to actually WRITE out what his ideas and plans are for the fields? This way, we can work on them, stick to his ideas and not waste time, effort and money on things he doesn't want/like?

Old 01-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Featuring Death

CCM Fan
What about using the firebase space to make a "nuclear wasteland"? Like having a whole bunch of 50 gallon drums and tires because then we can change up the field easier so it doesn't get boring. Or make a field like they have a Marked, it's called "HillBilly Hayfield", it is a whole bunch of haybales and tactor tires. Or, finish the firebase off (I don't think it needs much more work) and see how it works. I'm also cool with the idea of memberships.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Scotty was adament about not using metal and he wants to avoid the 'junkyard' look as he calls it. He really wants to try and keep the field looking professional.

Haybales may work, but they disintigrate over time.

The firebase needs a HELL of a lot more work to become truely playable.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
we will meet prior to our first workday at my house and hash over stuff. I am putting together a map of the field right now. We can plan where the stuff will go on it.

Scotty has spoken of:

Military theme
Helicopter (see van)
Artillery Piece
Fuel Depot
Base on the mound

My ideas at thie point:

field plays "east to west" same as village - this way the base on the mound is one starting point, other base, other end - this allows for joining of fields easier as they will flow the same

tank
second tank
in village two larger buildings (16 x 8) one 'school' one 'hospital' the names will allow for different objectives
Bomb factory
flag stations

anyhow, I'll expand in a bit... need to work
Old 01-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I have a few ideas to bounce off you when I come over tonight as well.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death