mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Featuring Death (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/featuring-death/)
-   -   Update from Borden...and our big game (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/featuring-death/216327-update-borden-our-big-game.html)

Flying Dutchman 10-17-2012 05:57 PM

Update from Borden...and our big game

So I havent been able to make it out as much as I'd like to this year in Ottawa, but I have been playing every weekend here at BPC. We are having our annual big game on Saturday. Expecting between 100-200 ppl, there has been a lots of big names confirmed, like; Pinnacle paintball, Rockstar Army Canada, EZcreations.ca, Jaz Stands, and the BT Rangers.
Its gona be a good time, over 5K in prizes being handed out aswell. I'll be reffing and have been organizing some of the event. Its gona be a good time on Saturday.
If anyone wants a Jazz stand or their marker stand ($39.95 for a Dual Gun Jaz Stand and $29.95 for an 8 pod Demon Pod Stand), or one of EZ's kits (they will be on sale for $35 for QD (instead of $45) and $30 for DF20 (instead of $40))

I was hoping to play in Sab5 this year, but they changed the date and I have somthing bigger to attend (my other event has been 50 years in the making, I can only miss it if I'm being burried :hammer:)

Any plans for a Christmas game? I'll be home Dec 17-Jan 7 if anyone wants to see me :rolleyes:

Also, for those that care, I've started getting back in shape. I've been running everyday with Saturday being paintball and Sunday being my day off. After my run, I've got a bit of a work out routine I do, things like push ups, sit ups, squats etc.

Flying Dutchman 10-20-2012 09:37 PM

Our big game was a HUGE success today. About 150 players, tons of prizes. The day ran super smoothly, all the missions and objectives worked great. Everyone had a blast, the overall winner came down to one kill and one water bottle! It was the closest game the club has ever seen. I dont think there was one person who was unhappy with the day. Everyone that helped set the game up is kinda riding a bit of a high this evening. It was a lot of work for everyone, but it all payed off in the end.

I got the chance to talk a bit with Dave from PinnaclePaintball. He set me up with another small insert and a madman spring kit (both of which the local shop cant seem to get, or want to get me...), but above all, he took the time to check out my pre 2k project that I couldn't get the leak fixed in, and got it holding air...no charge. I've always heard lots of good about Dave, but never really had the chance to talk to him for extended time, and now I can continue to recomend him to everyone with a very positive experiance.

p.s. we were talking about y'all for a bit aswell...he knows who you are lol

Stilgar 10-21-2012 09:19 AM

Nice job man! Love to hear success stories!

Marathon 10-21-2012 09:47 AM

Glad to hear the game was a success. Did the Red S6 make an appearance??

Flying Dutchman 10-21-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon (Post 2511120)
Glad to hear the game was a success. Did the Red S6 make an appearance??

Yes, the S6 did make an appearance. My buddy was using my trilly when the o-ring in the ASA blew, so I lent him the S6 with much hesitation. He used it for the rest of the day, was bouncing all over the place, he was super giddy playing with it lol. At the end of the day, I got the S6 back, covered in paint and other stuff. Cleaned it up today, not a scratch on it.