mcarterbrown.com  

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 02-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
For those who claim modern guns can be "complicated"

I give you, the trigger mechanism of my vector (to its credit though - probably the best mech trigger of any gun ever!)...trying to get this puppy up and running for the summer...

Last edited by 300z; 02-09-2014 at 09:58 PM.
300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Good grief, why would you do that sort of mechanical linkage? EVER?
Old 02-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

At least it's easy to assembly if you know what goes where...

VM68 /thread
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Reminded me if this: Inside the SATCO 700
inthehizzouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
its kind of funny you write this, because I too remembered the satco 700 when I posted it. The bolt assembly for that gun is flat out scary haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehizzouse View Post
Reminded me if this: Inside the SATCO 700
Old 02-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys_JR View Post
Good grief, why would you do that sort of mechanical linkage? EVER?
Because it is, hands down, the best trigger you can get on a paintball gun. Impossible to short stroke and clicks like a crisp new mouse. You could adjust most electric triggers to this kind of precision, but it'd be a chore.

If the Geissele trigger on my SCAR was as good as the triggers on my Vectors, I'd feel it was worth all the money I paid for it.

300z, what's the matter with the Vector?
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
hey john,

I need a trigger frame with adapter holes and a female stab. Everything works great but i have never been able to get velocity above 250fps.

Am considering trying to get Palmers to make me a small bore brass barrel for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Satclaire View Post
Because it is, hands down, the best trigger you can get on a paintball gun. Impossible to short stroke and clicks like a crisp new mouse. You could adjust most electric triggers to this kind of precision, but it'd be a chore.

If the Geissele trigger on my SCAR was as good as the triggers on my Vectors, I'd feel it was worth all the money I paid for it.

300z, what's the matter with the Vector?
Old 02-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300z View Post
hey john,

I need a trigger frame with adapter holes and a female stab. Everything works great but i have never been able to get velocity above 250fps.

Am considering trying to get Palmers to make me a small bore brass barrel for her.
Put it in Mar wood!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300z View Post
hey john,

I might be able to spare something that would get you in business re: a pistol grip/.45 grip frame that would let you bottomline mount a female stab if that's what you mean by trigger frame -- let me check when I get home. Or anyone else who has a H8TR pistol grip would work.

Velocity sounds like a main/valve spring issue, assuming the hammer and its bore aren't frictiony...J-Man has a Vector spring kit you should get.

Other possible issues causing low velocity could crop up in the adaptor body gas path but are unlikely. Nothing else but an obstructed adaptor body and/or light hammer strike could cause low velocity in a Vector model B or C...they're quite capable of shooting paintballs well over 450fps and blasting holes in heavy tent canvas when unregulated backbottle CO2 is used.

Shoot me a PM if you need some extra orders on a tight bore Vector barrel or Vector barrel liner job. I'd be in.
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

It's a Swiss watch in a world of Casios... I mean say it out loud "Semi-auto Nelson".

Is it an "A", "B", or"C"?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death