mcarterbrown.com  

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 07-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #31 (permalink)
"Not you brother"

I have played with you guys at OXP. I had a great time and felt extremely out classed by the level of play at the same time. As the day went on I got better (or maybe you guys got hot and tired it was a hot one that day I can see how walkon players might be intimidated by the home team. I think that is a problem at every field with a home team. You guys know the field, you play together quite a bit. When I was there you guys made me feel like I was part of the team. If you do that with the walkon players it might help put them at ease a bit more.

Failing that, you elitist snobs just need to go play at the other fields and drive players back to OXP.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Failing that, you elitist snobs just need to go play at the other fields and drive players back to OXP.
LOL! thinking outside the box, i like that. Never occurred to me to drive players away from other fields leaving them no choice but our field!
300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #33 (permalink)
Money Spending Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300z View Post
LOL! thinking outside the box, i like that. Never occurred to me to drive players away from other fields leaving them no choice but our field!
I am thoroughly amused by that too.

Gearcave Clearout!

#MarIsAwesome
Keys_JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
CJ - the times have really changed since you were last out. Come out sometime and you will see! Almost every walk on day this year has been more or less pump. We had the spring tactical tourament (very limited ammo), the stock class classics, and the GLO tournaments (40 rnds per game). The volunteer efforts from FD members this season has been off the charts. We have people running events, taking video, taking photos, volunteer reffing - it is great. We have organized groups to go to other fields - PRZ, Commandos, Karters Korners. These efforts combined with our sportsmanship I believe is attracting people to play with our group (and consequently, increasing pump play)

Electros at the field have gone the way of the dinosaur. The situation I described is literally the first time this season we have had an issue - the player described had no intention of displaying any sportsmanship from what I observed. We very rapidly (1 game) separated our group from them and were better for it. Because of our numbers, we are able to do this now. If you dont make an attempt to fit in and play with sportsmanship, you lose the priviledge.

I feel that our style of play does not automatically exclude semis/electros. A player using an electro who is controlling his ROF and playing in such a fashion that is not hindering the enjoyment of others, is welcome to play with us in my mind. I think most agree.

My point that is being missed by many is that Scotty is a nice guy and I would like to see the field have success. It is important to remember that if the field goes for whatever reason, our home field is gone (and potentially our group). Regardless of what we may think of electro players the fact of the matter is, their business has a significant impact on field operations. My observation that electro walk on was decreased this season was a concern directed towards the field (and whether we were related to it - a concern that we almost all agree is not the case). Comments that were made caused me to have this reflection. It would also better serve electro players - rather than conform to our style of play they could play amongst themselves and have more fun (I guess?)

I dont think we have any intention of letting poor sports play with us. However, it would be great if they had a group at OXP with whom they could play amongst themselves with their code of ethics. There is nothing preventing two groups of players with different ethics (to an extent) from sharing the field. That would be good for the field, and consequently good for us. More profits could lead to better fields, perks, staffing - who knows...

Also keep in mind - many electro players are classy guys and if given the opportunity, might be interested in playing with us in the fashion we like. New faces is a good thing.

That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
We need to be LESS tolerant.

I'll back that up: the high rate-of-fire electro shooters will scare people off. All it takes a single electro shooter overshooting someone in a single game to have a dozen people leave our field for good.

No, I think we need to be VERY careful about who we let on the field because the wrong people repel the right people. It's not elitism: it's sportsmanship.

This is a large reason of why I haven't been out in over a year. I don't have time for that that sort of fxxkery and I don't want to play anywhere it's tolerated.

"Our strengths are our weaknesses." We are very tolerant. It's okay to draw a line in the sand and be intolerant of certain behaviour.

Last edited by 300z; 07-11-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #35 (permalink)

Just to think ouside of the box! When ever we have none FD players we make sure that we have 2 refs. We rotate refs amoung our selfs (so we ref only one game and go back to play) so that there is a ref on both end of the game. Lot of people get frustrated with paint checks, when the ref is on the other end of the field. I also offer my spear pump to a lot of renters so that they can see the joy and the fun we have.
odszulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Forgive me I don't recognize your screen name. Who art thou?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odszulu View Post
Just to think ouside of the box! When ever we have none FD players we make sure that we have 2 refs. We rotate refs amoung our selfs (so we ref only one game and go back to play) so that there is a ref on both end of the game. Lot of people get frustrated with paint checks, when the ref is on the other end of the field. I also offer my spear pump to a lot of renters so that they can see the joy and the fun we have.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #37 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Zsolt!
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #38 (permalink)

That is me!

Zsolt/OdsZulu
odszulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #39 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

Stiglar said it best:
Stop analyzing the **** out of everything and play paintball.

it sounds like y'all have a lot of fun…if i ever go back to canada it would be Kool to shoot y'all…i mean play paintball with y'all.

man i used to think that paintball is paintball…HO LEE CHIT…was i wrong. with so many styles of paintball i changed tha way i think and now it Fun is Fun…ya can't go wrong thinking that way…ya kno. just have fun, drink beer, play hard, drink beer, be nice, drink beer, protect tha kids and tha newer crowd, drink beer…that sounds like a good day of painting faces…ya heard!!! haha!!
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #40 (permalink)
Money Spending Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
Stiglar said it best:
Stop analyzing the **** out of everything and play paintball.

it sounds like y'all have a lot of fun…if i ever go back to canada it would be Kool to shoot y'all…i mean play paintball with y'all.

man i used to think that paintball is paintball…HO LEE CHIT…was i wrong. with so many styles of paintball i changed tha way i think and now it Fun is Fun…ya can't go wrong thinking that way…ya kno. just have fun, drink beer, play hard, drink beer, be nice, drink beer, protect tha kids and tha newer crowd, drink beer…that sounds like a good day of painting faces…ya heard!!! haha!!
I like it.

Gearcave Clearout!

#MarIsAwesome
Keys_JR is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death