mcarterbrown.com  

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 07-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
this is really great to hear. Any suggestions, good/bad are welcome.

I am really looking forward to seeing this through til the end and just having field 1 in tip top shape. I almost want to use vacation days and just work on it for a full day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys_JR View Post
Had a pretty sweet day out today. The little bits of patching and a few different bunkers have really improved the play of the field.
300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
actually, now that I mention it. perhaps on sunday (since I will be too burnt out from saturday at PRZ) i may spend a good chunk of the day doing that.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
FRONT Towards Enemy

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Field one is playing so much better, I love it. The little bunker that me and Terry threw together a couple weeks ago makes playing the left side nearest to the entrance much more interesting, as its a very aggressive position that is hard enough to get into to make it a challenge.

There were a couple areas in village that could use some work though. Just a couple of small fixes here and there to fill some hole, and reworking the center standup into something playable were a couple of small suggestions that will help a great deal.

That and we need to rethink the gauntlet. Theres too much brush that seperates it from the rest of the field. Playing without it today made it more fun for a solid 3v3.

Good day overall, and the ending was raucous fun using nothing but our barrels and lungpower xD
DunXWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Money Spending Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300z View Post
this is really great to hear. Any suggestions, good/bad are welcome.

I am really looking forward to seeing this through til the end and just having field 1 in tip top shape. I almost want to use vacation days and just work on it for a full day.
The big T bunker in the middle I'd like to see the knuckle section cut down so it provides less cover from the side and makes it easier to switch from side to side, would allow a better use of that bunker.

Some tweaks to the elevated on the far side may be in order, might just need to shore up it's opposing bunkers getting bodies out farther.

Other than that, more patching needs to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunXWright View Post
That and we need to rethink the gauntlet. Theres too much brush that seperates it from the rest of the field. Playing without it today made it more fun for a solid 3v3.

Good day overall, and the ending was raucous fun using nothing but our barrels and lungpower xD
The gauntlet needs to be handled carefully IMO, I like the separation from the rest of the field, however, something to promote movement in and out without either running back or pushing through would be a great asset.

The blow dart speedball at the end was stupid, hilarious and a lot of fun.

Gearcave Clearout!

#MarIsAwesome
Keys_JR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
one step at a time young padawan. while i agree that village needs patching too, there is still some ways to go on field 1.

we must remain focussed. splitting our efforts i fear will end up as an exercise in futility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunXWright View Post
Field one is playing so much better, I love it. The little bunker that me and Terry threw together a couple weeks ago makes playing the left side nearest to the entrance much more interesting, as its a very aggressive position that is hard enough to get into to make it a challenge.

There were a couple areas in village that could use some work though. Just a couple of small fixes here and there to fill some hole, and reworking the center standup into something playable were a couple of small suggestions that will help a great deal.

Last edited by 300z; 07-27-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
FRONT Towards Enemy

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300z View Post
one step at a time young padawan. while i agree that village needs patching too, there is still some ways to go on field 1.

we must remain focussed. splitting our efforts i fear will end up as an exercise in futility.
Understand totally broheim. I was mostly spouting off things that I had thought of today just so that its out there and when it comes time I will remember and people can have there say on it.
DunXWright is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death