mcarterbrown.com  

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 08-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
the more the better! nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
Lol. So my neighbour forgot his keys at work the other day during a crazy rain storm. I happened to be in my garage braking apart pallets and doing more cosmetic surgury on my milsig... so I offered him some shelter and showed off the gun.

Today I come home, and he has found hinself a T68 gen 7, and is blasting off rounds in the back yard and is excited to come play with us on the 10th!

I will get him to sign up on here. He is a cool dude, I think if he wants to get into te sport he will fit in really well with FD.

On a side note I'm going to play magfed this game and single shot First Strike from the R7!!!
300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
FRONT Towards Enemy

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
Lol. So my neighbour forgot his keys at work the other day during a crazy rain storm. I happened to be in my garage braking apart pallets and doing more cosmetic surgury on my milsig... so I offered him some shelter and showed off the gun.

Today I come home, and he has found hinself a T68 gen 7, and is blasting off rounds in the back yard and is excited to come play with us on the 10th!

I will get him to sign up on here. He is a cool dude, I think if he wants to get into te sport he will fit in really well with FD.

On a side note I'm going to play magfed this game and single shot First Strike from the R7!!!
That's awesome man, looking forward to meeting him!
DunXWright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Featuring Death

CCM Fan
Thanks for coming out today boys! You guys not only rocked it on the field but showed amazing sportsmanship I'm soooo happy with the way the day went because of you guys!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
It was fun dude!

My neighbour loved it!

toad I will send you a detailed AAR later.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Thanks for coming out today boys! You guys not only rocked it on the field but showed amazing sportsmanship I'm soooo happy with the way the day went because of you guys!
Thanks for running a big game!

AAR from MAr - general Red Team

I am not sure on the actual numbers, considering the arrival and departure of several groups of renters - but the numbers overall were good considering the size of the available playing fields. The refs as always were ever present, polite, courteous, professional, and involved. I had Lindsey all over me while I was in one fight for instance, checking all my bounces, very active and unafraid to go in. One ref called a hit on my leg I had not seen during a volley of bounces (the ref called it right away, as I showed the ref my leg, I just thought they all bounced) good job, no complaints at all.

The field overall may be too small for a big game format - or if not it is at the smallest end of the spectrum that can support a big game. All fields were in play. I would think that had it rained recently the EWOK VILLAGE may have been too wet to play, but I am not sure. I would call the woodsball fields small, and in progress. I would call all the other fields, small but very well done. Unfortunately the village was not played in, which due to it's location is probably impossible for a big game - unless the starting points for teams were moved.

At one point in the day, BLUE TEAM pushed us back to the village/town field, and we held maybe 15 feet into the woods. That was a sobering push back from a team we had been dominating - and I counted that we had possibly 10-12 players on the field at that time (that is a high estimate TBH) Two or three players were switched to our team - a couple of people sitting in staging jumped back in, an airtrike was called, and we pushed back. Patrick led the fight in the woods, the boys pushed through, and set up a horseshoe ambush for anyone tryin to get back into the woods. I was able to depend on the FD guys to get into the woods, control it, organise the pushes, and ensure that the day was won. Thanks! I was confident knowing that you guys were in there controlling the pace.

Overall RED won the day, but not without massive sweat and blood equity.

Great players and sportsmanship. Although I apologize for calling somone an ******* (after he shot me in the nuts, then as I was doubled over unable to yell hit, he shot me another 10 times for good measure)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Naw, MAr's special. He's like Brad Pitt or George Clooney or something... totally cool to be a little gay for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Anyone not wanting to BE Mar is doing it wrong.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Battle of the Barons AAR

Pre Reg: Easy! I opted to pay cash at OPS. The only down side to this was when I arrived, none of the peoples names who had pre regged at OPS were listed… The guys at the booth took it on faith though.

Great set up on the registration booths. They were up when we arrived just before 9, two lines, well organized, fast. Good Job!!

Paint: No issues there. I actually shot more than a bag!!

Game schedules: Games started pretty much on time right? No big issues with late starts or delays.

The pre brief was short and sweet! This is a good thing. People get board of long pre briefs and they tune them out. My only suggestion would be to clarify the field boundaries… the tape line in the forest was fairly clear, but there was some confusion in the area between the too forest fields (string marking off a small section of trees?) as well as confusion generated about what was in play and not in play at the far end of the woods field towards the pallet field.

Game starts were loud, and clear. Nice!

Two solid games in the Morning, I liked that. The Second game of the morning was the best of the day! What a fight! The restart was a great idea to help relive the pressure on Blue. Made the morning more fun for Everyone!

I am really really glad the game in the afternoon was called when it was. Very smart move. People were tired, Hot, exhausted…and the game was really lopsided by then (I was feeling bad for Blue).

My only suggestion that might make the game play a bit better for another big game that combines all the fields would be to make the far end spawn point almost at where the flag in the pallet field was…that pallet field never got used really (neither did the town field though…) and it would have made it a bit less of a walk for the team that had to walk the entire field just to reload paint and air…

End of day speeches and prizes was also short and sweet. I liked that.

Lunch: Was so good I puked it up to taste it a second time! Not because it was bad food, but because I had heat exhaustion. Good food though.

Refs: I want to Thank the entire Splaterville Paintball Ref team! They did a fantastic job in this event. I had a little bit of a rough time with some at the tactical tourney but had absolutely NO problems this game. In fact I saw many of the refs work their buts off running for paint checks, covering hit players, answering questions with informed answers, always on the crono, pushing hard on the safety…and So much more! BRAVO ZULU!

I want to apologise again to the one ref I shot several times before I realized she was a ref! I feel so bad about that

Fields: I like the way the fields were set up. It made for very interesting game play. Fighting through the forests was fun! I would say that the only recommendation I could make would be to extend the forest a bit more towards the far end so that the team spawning from the far dead box didn’t have to pass through a choke point just to enter the forest. As red team, once we got to that entrance, it was impossible for the Blue team to push past us. Whoever controlled the forest controlled the rest of the field as well.

Teams: Umm… don’t know what to say.

To sum up. Good game, well organized, lots of fun.

Thanks!

Sent this to you as well toad and Splatterville paintball
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death