mcarterbrown.com  

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 08-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Field 1 update and idea for speeding up games

Big thanks to Harley, Derek, Terry and Duncan for helping out with Field 1. We have now successfully plugged all cracks along the 50 line and are in progress on the 40 line. The fort is now a safe haven for your feet!

Having played the new bunkers, it accomplishes exactly what we predicted. I was completly blind to opponents locations and was forced to expose myself to locate opponents. More time out in the open = more hits = quicker games. The tape line closest to the dead zone is a very different area. what was previously the "god" bunker is now very susceptible to being bunkered (again a good thing)

As for rule proposals I present the following: All games are timed at 5 minutes. Even with the new bunkers, games are last 10,15,20+ minutes and are filled with deadtime. Obviously we cannot tell people how to play the game but imposing a 5 minute time limit would force people to be aggressive (if they want to shoot). Players inclined to sit back and wait it out will not see much action or will be forced into participation. Players who are aggressive will get sub'd into games quicker. Simply put - let the hiders hide for 5 minutes and let the shooters shoot for 5 minutes (or less)

I see this promoting aggressive gameplay.

Thoughts, questions, comments.
300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Yup!
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
FRONT Towards Enemy

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
Yup!
DunXWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Money Spending Enthusiast

Screaming "Rambo time " seemed pretty effective today.

Gearcave Clearout!

#MarIsAwesome
Keys_JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

I can see a five minute time limit as being a little short. Depending how many people are on the field. Also it can be frustrating to be in a fire fight and have it stopped due to time being up. I'd also like to point out that woodsball, by the nature of the game, moves at a slower speed then speedball. I enjoy the game because there generally is not a time limit to the games and everyone can move at their own speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300z View Post
when you go out, play to have fun, play to get better, and be someone people want to play with.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
I can see a five minute time limit as being a little short. Depending how many people are on the field. Also it can be frustrating to be in a fire fight and have it stopped due to time being up. I'd also like to point out that woodsball, by the nature of the game, moves at a slower speed then speedball. I enjoy the game because there generally is not a time limit to the games and everyone can move at their own speed.
Maybe 5 mins is a little short but the idea that Tyler has brought up is important. Is it fair that someone who gets shots off the break has to sit out for 20-30 mins while everyone else peers through cracks playing hide and seek waiting to shoot without risking anything for fear of sitting out for 20-30 mins? A little exaggerated I know, but I'm trying to illustrate a point. We've all experienced this. You get that unlucky shot that somehow hits you and then you sit in the Deadbox waiting for the game to finally take place. Maybe if it was a faster pace between games it would promote more play and less stagnation? I don't know if it will but it's worth trying for a day.

Just my opinion.

Missed seeing you today bro. My ccm longs to shoot beside yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

I agree that being shot off the break can suck. I have no issue with setting a time limit. However maybe it just needs to be set a little higher like 10 or 15 minutes. I think it was the 5 minute time limit that just seemed to short.

I hope to be out again soon... This month has been nuts for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300z View Post
when you go out, play to have fun, play to get better, and be someone people want to play with.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I look forward to working on Field 1. I am excited at the urge for change, and more excited that the driving force for change is so true to paintball's roots: fair, fun play.

I will be starting next weekend with you guys. Repairing bunkers is fine, but adding and changing some in field 1 will also help. I will try and find some material as well. Field 1 has always been a favourite because it is our widest field, and frankly so wierd that it is fun to play.

I will see you guys on the weekend, and look forward to seeing the field!
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Where's the like button lol? Stoked to see you bro. I'm in Kingston with the wife next weekend but the rest of the season I'll be around.

I'm personnaly really happy that the majority get it and agree. We had a rather lengthy discussion on Sunday about it. The purpose of our play is to have fun, and get better. Fair play works for both and fixing the fields is the best solution for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
aka FairLady

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
We are in need of working materials. Anything you may have will be a significant help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I look forward to working on Field 1. I am excited at the urge for change, and more excited that the driving force for change is so true to paintball's roots: fair, fun play.

I will be starting next weekend with you guys. Repairing bunkers is fine, but adding and changing some in field 1 will also help. I will try and find some material as well. Field 1 has always been a favourite because it is our widest field, and frankly so wierd that it is fun to play.

I will see you guys on the weekend, and look forward to seeing the field!
Also, not to get ahead of myself...but with respect to the village. I am wondering if using some kind of sealant will be the best solution for cracks on that field. That field (in my opinion) only requires minor changes along with sealing of the cracks. Does anyone know how sealant would hold up to the rigors of paintball? It would also be quick - giving a few guys some sealant will allow patching of that field VERY quickly (and would allow us to have this and field 1 done allowing us to focus energy on a NEW field)

With respect to changes on that field, I propose removing the brush near the gauntlet to open the field up. remove a god bunker near the deadbox and maybe 1 or two changes.

I need a ride to the field next weekend. Will be happy to cover some cost for the day of play if someone can help me out!
300z is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death