mcarterbrown.com  

Feedback Post your good experiences buying guns and gear here. Also let us know who to keep an eye on.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
PapaBear Feedback

I sold a gun to PapaBear, I did not ship in sig confirmation(which is required by paypal for anything over $250). I did have delivery confirmation. The tracking number showed that it was delivered and the marker was nowhere to be found. He filed opened a paypal case very quickly. Phone calls were made to the post office but they take 1 business day to do anything. The next monday, i spoke with him on the phone, we agreed to wait a week before escalating anything and that IF it were indeed missing that we could split the loss 50/50. A few hours later the marker was found on the doorstep. All claims were dropped.

IF a mod could change the title that would be great, and or move this thread to the correct section
Save the Environment, PLAY PUMP!

Last edited by Ridebmx211; 11-20-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Ridebmx211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Wow.

Well, since you won't answer me about whether u insured the package I have no other recourse. You can bet your *** I'm not gonna be out my money. I am truly sorry you didn't insure a $500 transaction, surely you know better than that.

I am far from dishonest and every person on this board that knows me will tell you the same thing. All I want is my marker or my money. I'm sorry to have to resort to a PayPal claim but that is my only recourse.

I urge all MCB users to remember that per PayPal user agreement if u sell something for more than 250$ you are required to require a signature on delivery. I hate to resort to this but I'm not taking the hit on this.

I'm sorry that u have to learn this the hard way, but I spend $1000+ on PayPal every month and have never had an issue. I have spoken to my mail lady and she remembers a big box, but I get 10+ packages a week USPS.

Dude, honestly I'm sorry. But your lack of following rules might burn you this time and I am truly sorry for that. I would much rather have the gun than go through this I can promise you that. All my friends will tell uou the same thing.

Money to me is trivial. The gun means more to me than all this bull****.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It falls on the seller to make sure the buyer gets what he payed for. Ins and sig confirmation is for the seller to cover his/her self not a buyers expense. I have sold and shipped 60+ markers in my day and had just as many shipped to me. If a buyer ask for me not to add sig confirmation I get it in the PM and make sure they know its clear if item does not make it its on them not on me. I have never had a problem. I hate you might be out a $500 gun, but you cant expect the buyer to take the loss of $500 either with no gun in hand. And with out sig confirmation there is no telling weather or not the package made it into his hands or not really... packages get stolen off peoples front porch all the time. Its hard times in America, this day and age you have to do every thing you can to cover your a$$. Sorry to all involved. Its a sucky situation and a hard pill to swallow...
Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
Like i said i'm NOT accusing you of anything. This isn't Negative feedback. This is just a warning. You havent done anything wrong other than not give me the chance to correct the situation.

Insurance wouldn't matter since the package was delivered, It only covers items that aren't delivered or are damaged in transit.

My issue isnt giving you your money back its the fact that you gave me absolutly NO time to even check on the situation. Like i said in an unanswered PM. i have talked to people that know you and play with you. I also Have seen your Positive feedback on TBSSowners(i am a fellow owner). Your integrity wasn't an issue when i began the transaction

Your initial response was to get your money back not to Find the "stolen" property or perhaps its still at the post office and wasn't delivered we dont even know. You didnt give me anytime to find out.

And if money really is "trivial" as you say why would you not be willing to pay me for shipping in the first place!! you made me eat those costs and some of the paypal fees. So money is important to you just as it is to everyone. I was going to attempt to find the gun but I guess now i wont and i will just file police reports in both states and also file a report with the post office for mail fraud so who ever has the marker when it is found will face a felony.

If you would like to Work things out in a civil manner feel free to call me as i gave you my phone number in yet another "unanswered" PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridebmx211 View Post
Like i said i'm NOT accusing you of anything. This isn't Negative feedback. This is just a warning. You havent done anything wrong other than not give me the chance to correct the situation.

Insurance wouldn't matter since the package was delivered, It only covers items that aren't delivered or are damaged in transit.

My issue isnt giving you your money back its the fact that you gave me absolutly NO time to even check on the situation. Like i said in an unanswered PM. i have talked to people that know you and play with you. I also Have seen your Positive feedback on TBSSowners(i am a fellow owner). Your integrity wasn't an issue when i began the transaction

Your initial response was to get your money back not to Find the "stolen" property or perhaps its still at the post office and wasn't delivered we dont even know. You didnt give me anytime to find out.

And if money really is "trivial" as you say why would you not be willing to pay me for shipping in the first place!! you made me eat those costs and some of the paypal fees. So money is important to you just as it is to everyone. I was going to attempt to find the gun but I guess now i wont and i will just file police reports in both states and also file a report with the post office for mail fraud so who ever has the marker when it is found will face a felony.

If you would like to Work things out in a civil manner feel free to call me as i gave you my phone number in yet another "unanswered" PM.
I'm going to try address all of your nuances from my phone so bear with me.

You want a chance to correct the situation huh? What can you do? Did u insure the package? Can YOU be reimbursed? I can't.

Insurance covers damage. I wish it was that easy.

You want time? You have until tomorrow until the dispute becomes a claim. Sorry that I went route so soon but I saw very early that this would not end in my favor.

That's awesome you are a fellow tbss owner. That makes me like you even more. Once again, I am truly sorry you are going to lose out on this transaction, I will say again I don't want this ****. I didn't ask for it. I thought at first that I would be the one to lose Out but thankfully Paypal will cover my end.

I'm also thankful you did the research to show my integrity prior to the transaction. Once again I am so sorry that this is happening

The reason the money was "trivial" and the reason I argued is because I work my "hobby" money without my wife knowing. It's just easier that way. She gets $5k a month and I get the rest. If I don't tell her I spend $1k+ a month on my truck and $2k per month on baseball cards and autographs and $500 on paintball then she doesn't worry. Understand?

Once again. I'm sorry. Can you make it right without PayPal?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

tl;dr

cliff notes papa bear = scammer? and using a loophole, does this sound about right?
obga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Wish it was that easy. All I want is my marker. If it was reversed I would humbly say I was screwed. Thankfully on my end(sad for OP), PayPal will cover me. I hope at least someone learns a lesson from this.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

BMX, do u have SN of the marker? I am in very well with our only local field and very good friends with both of their techs. Could put out an APB of sorts on a SN if u had it......
Old 11-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by obga View Post
tl;dr

cliff notes papa bear = scammer? and using a loophole, does this sound about right?
No that isnt correct.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
That ****er with a pump

CCM Fan
damn i feel bad for both of you one guy doesnt get the gun and one doesnt get the money... happened to me before and it was just being held at the post office and it sorted itself out tho... sucks to see stuff like this sorry to read about this scott.
Oonlo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Feedback