mcarterbrown.com

Feedback Post your good experiences buying guns and gear here. Also let us know who to keep an eye on.

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
Have him send you back everything for cost-shipping. Mark it as lesson learned and sell it to someone else.
I agree with the OP, where did the $30 number come from?
Only thing I could think of is he called Mike for a new valve body and I think they're somewhere around there after shipping and such.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Stange, but not a stanger

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
I have been through the same thing, except my guy wanted $70 for a couple of dollars in parts he said were bad. Same deal, he got it and immediately took it apart, then decided it wasn't working and parts were missing. As this is not eBay, their rules do not apply. PayPal required proof of delivery from me and that was it. Shady buyers do not always win.

Feedback

www.zombieshoot.com
Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

My $.02:

Do not escalate. Allow it to escalate on its own/last day.

Call Paypal. Explain the situation. Make sure to get screenshots of his for sale threads and PMs stating he worked on it, etc. Link them to the thread.

If possible, upload pic/diagram to paypal showing there is no way for it to leak.

above all.. MAKE SURE YOU CALL THEM. It helps.. a lot.
Proud Dealer of: J4 Paintball - Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG - Deadlywind - Valken

MCB Feedback 57+ (People don't really leave me feedback, lol :d)
PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Resurgence

Also, depending on how much money you spend with PayPal, you get better customer service. So if you've bought and sold a lot, you'll get a better person on the phone based on your account.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
Also, depending on how much money you spend with PayPal, you get better customer service. So if you've bought and sold a lot, you'll get a better person on the phone based on your account.
Correct. I'm one of the lucky ones who has that...
Proud Dealer of: J4 Paintball - Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG - Deadlywind - Valken

MCB Feedback 57+ (People don't really leave me feedback, lol :d)
PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomillio View Post
Hey all,

I need your help today. At the end of December, I sold a Phantom here to a blue member. It left my hands in working condition - no leaks or problems. This past Saturday, the buyer contacted me stating that the Phantom leaked from the two holes atop the valve body when he attempted to go play with it the other day. I thought, well, okay, fine, maybe something happened in shipping it.

So, my question is more-or-less, how should I proceed?

Now, I haven't yet responded in the PayPal claim. I can either:

1.) Meet the demands of his dispute, and I'm out $30 for something that as far as I'm concerned, isn't my fault at all.

2.) Fight the dispute, and hope to win in a manner of ways:
-2a. Offer a different refund amount to make him happy
-2b. Deny the refund request but attempt to keep communicating with him and somehow resolve it with him, which is probably unlikely
-2c. Escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim and hope to keep all of my money, but I don't know if I can win this - any experience of sellers here?
To stick to the original part of this thread, fight it. I guess 2c, which is in essence the same as 2b. Don't give in. From my understanding, PayPal, when dealing with a non-eBay problem, isn't nearly as strict as with eBay stuff. I have dealt a bit with them over the years, and for you, you have to prove that he received the item, which isn't a problem as he has filed a claim that it is different than what was ordered, or he has to show that the item is very different. Like if you said that you were selling him a stock class phantom, and he got an open class one.

You may need to show that he got the item and had it for a while, before you can fight against his claim. If it based upon a leak that wasn't stated, they may not decide against you at all. But fight it, as PayPal isn't as strict, or as caring, as they can be, specifically over an eBay issue.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

As stated, I have escalated it and refused all other options from them. I threw them a pretty comprehensive statement outlining everything, making sure to mention in detail that a parts kit was included with the sale, it is impossible for it to be leaking where he said it is, I would have taken the marker back if it were in original condition which now it is not (being taken part and for sale), etc. I did also mention that I have supporting documentation if necessary, as all of my files are too big to upload to their site.

For those asking, his new for sale thread is here. I will be sure to update this thread once a resolution is reached.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

@Maggot: Cute.

I'm curious to see where this goes. Keep it classy, though!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
@Maggot: Cute.

I'm curious to see where this goes. Keep it classy, though!
Haha I saw that; I'd be surprised if he didn't figure out whats going on... too funny though
Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

It's worth a try. I won't get involved beyond that post

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Feedback