mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Feedback (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Docs Machine Shop Feedback (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/22593-docs-machine-shop-feedback.html)

Titus 09-16-2007 12:38 AM

Docs Machine Shop Feedback

I've had many issues with Doc, never returns emails, it's been almost a year since my mom made the order.

Update: 10-22-07: My mom got an email from Doc saying that he was sorry and that he had found what went wrong. So he did in fact find out that my mother and myself were both telling the truth and he is currently working to correct the order.

BenoitOWN 09-16-2007 01:13 AM

im still waiting for my order on the last pre-order.

Hope I won't wait 1years with nothing.

And Yes he is good at not returning e-mail.

Web Accept Payment Sent (ID # 40F03878GS022182S)
Invoice ID: 11158

- Doc's Machine - The Whiteboard -
DESCRIPTION
QTY Unit
Price Total
Price
TWB Book 3
(Preorder)-TWB Hit It Again
Fanboy Special
Review Item $19.95 $19.95
Hat 01
(Preorder)- Black Wolfskull Embroidered Hat
Review Item $17.95 $17.95
Sticker06
(Preorder)-Large Black WolfSkull Vinyl Stickers
Review Item $8.95 $8.95
print001
April Fools 2006 Print
Review Item $5.95 $5.95
Total $52.80
Shipping Calculate my shipping $19.75 $72.55
Grand Total $72.55

BenoitOWN 09-16-2007 01:33 AM

Updated

In the past:

What I can say is that on the pre-order of february he had sent me an e-mail telling that he had the cash but the order ID was not in his computer and he asked me what I bought.

I got the items after.

mustangii 09-16-2007 02:47 AM

I ordered a vm68 freak back from him. paypal payment. 6 months later filed a claim with paypal and got the money back. emailed him 3 to 5 times a week. He didn't even respone to paypal. When he was sending pakages cod I got faster service because he couldn't get the money till I picked up item at the post office. Now he has paypal and doesn't do cod anymore.
edm

Rogue 09-16-2007 03:05 AM

My wife and I have ordered t-shirts from him on 2 seperate occasions and both time got the order. The last shirt came in a different color with a note explaining what happened and a nice little custom sketch. I have noticed he acknowledges the slow turnaround on the books and stuff like that. I'm still statisfied...

RabidFuzzle 09-16-2007 03:39 AM

I have ordered from Doc on multiple occasions and other than a slight delay in one order from Nov of last year (which he acknowledged) I have always received my stuff in a timely fashion. I just figure if you guys are going to continue to slam him that people should hear the good side too.

Walker 09-16-2007 09:14 AM

I've only had one dealing with Doc Nickel, and would never order from him again, or recommend him to anyone. I sent the gun and parts to Alaska in August 1999, and received them back in July 2005 with a $100 cash refund. Beautiful work......

For feedback I would give him:

Ability to deliver a product when he says it will be there: -100
Responding to Communications: 0
Quality of work: 100

My advice would be to let someone else order something from Doc, and then buy it from them second hand.

Good luck to anyone who orders from Docs Machine, because that's the one thing you will need.

If you need something custom built, go to Ken at KPCS, or Palmers.

Tim Lucas

Azzy 09-16-2007 09:47 AM

Any T-shirt order I placed with him when he had product on hand, got to me post haste. Same with the X-ray poster I pre-ordered, when printer issues from Katrina got sorted, he posted about having them in, and I got it a week later.

Only order on hold is a fanboy edition book fromt he 2nd book run.

LK-13 09-16-2007 11:55 AM

i have sent a number of emails to Doc over the last 8 years,
not one has ever been answered,
but he has answered every post I've made on other forums about him and on the tinker's guild... so go fig?

i would like to get one of his AutoMag to AC adapters but i just don't know if i trust things enough to order one.

maybe a group buy would be taken more seriously, as it means bigger bucks and potentially more people being pissed if let down.

PJ 09-16-2007 12:19 PM

I've never custom ordered anything from Doc, but I HAVE ordered several time during the t-shirt runs. I only had one shipment that took longer than a week tog et to me once it was announced that the shirts were in.