mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Feedback (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Titus' Feedback (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/979-titus-feedback.html)

Robertsr 05-08-2006 09:23 AM

Titus' Feedback

I bought a BT16 from him. It arrived quickly, in perfect shape, and wrapped in a BT T-shirt. :)

GREAT transaction!

JohnJ 05-26-2006 05:42 PM

I bought a PGP from him a week ago... It arrived quick! :D

Thanks much

AAA+++

Item was also sent with a funny note...hehe

vwjimmy 06-01-2006 06:56 PM

bought some stickies for him....
A+++++ service, communication and product!!!!
Will def do more business with him!!!! Thanks T!

Shane-O 06-13-2006 12:29 AM

Bought am/fm cd player in this sale thread from him: http://www.paintballcity.org/forums/...ighlight=Titus

In PM's he stated that it worked fine last time he used it. Also stated it included the wiring harness. Shipping took 2 weeks or so. When it arrived it didnt have a wiring harness that matched the Cd player. Had to order a new harness which took awhile to get here. Tested it last week when the harness got in, and it powered up fine and played radio fine, BUT the CD player doesnt work. Why doesnt it work? There is absolutley no Cd player internals in the unit!! Pm'ed him to see what he wanted to do, and he says that it was sold "As Is" as stated in his thread, BUT he had said in PM's (which I have saved) that it worked fine last time he used it. If he tried using it with the wiring harness that he supplied, it wouldnt have worked. AND there is no way the internals would just disappear after he used it last time. He has not offered any solution for this transaction.

Shane-O

Titus 06-13-2006 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane-O
Bought am/fm cd player in this sale thread from him: http://www.paintballcity.org/forums/...ighlight=Titus

In PM's he stated that it worked fine last time he used it. Also stated it included the wiring harness. Shipping took 2 weeks or so. When it arrived it didnt have a wiring harness that matched the Cd player. Had to order a new harness which took awhile to get here. Tested it last week when the harness got in, and it powered up fine and played radio fine, BUT the CD player doesnt work. Why doesnt it work? There is absolutley no Cd player internals in the unit!! Pm'ed him to see what he wanted to do, and he says that it was sold "As Is" as stated in his thread, BUT he had said in PM's (which I have saved) that it worked fine last time he used it. If he tried using it with the wiring harness that he supplied, it wouldnt have worked. AND there is no way the internals would just disappear after he used it last time. He has not offered any solution for this transaction.

Shane-O

With respect to you for one, shipping did not take two weeks, took less than a week, I shipped threw UPS and having tracking information to prove that, that shoots your two weeks claim out of the sky. Secondly, it was a used Radio, I never did check to see if everything worked, thats why I write AS IS on these types of sales. As I also wrote you, I've had this a while, along with a bunch of other radios, I hardly know anything about these things, When I hooked it up and powered the correct voltage to it, it powered on, hense me saying that it worked. But also me writing as is because of things like this. I'm sorry that it didn't turn out to be exactly what you'd like, if I had known, it would be a different story. I'm strapped for cash as it is, if I had it lying around, I'd be willing to offer something (even though this was as is) however at the current time, I can not.

Shane-O 06-13-2006 11:18 AM

You didnt ship the item until 1 week after I had paid you. By the time it actually arrived to me, was about 2 weeks or so, which means roughly.........If I was wrong about that, I apologize for the mistake.

A word of advice, make sure the wiring harness you send is the correct one, I had to Pay $18 to order one for a unit I cannot use. And "As Is" was understood, but you also stated in PM's that it worked fine last time you used it.
It couldnt have with the harness you had and with no Cd internals.

Sorry to air this out here, but you have been slow to respond to Pm's. I will only use PM's from this point on. You still have not offered any apology or reason for the mistake, So it seems you dont wanna try to work something out. I have not asked for money back, but wanted to know what you wanted to do about it.

Shane-O

Sexy_Chicken 06-13-2006 07:07 PM

I bought some posters from Titus and he shipped them quickly. Everything arrived alright, too.

He's a good guy that I wouldn't hesitate to do business with again.

netsurferdude2 06-15-2006 06:16 PM

I bought a cheap remote from Titus. Great Guy and seller.

IF it wasnt for the post office screwing up, it would have been a flawless trade.

recommended

BLC_Misfire 08-01-2006 03:26 PM

My experience with Titus was quite similar to Shane-O's. Unfortunately, most of the correspondance around this transaction has been lost due to problems with the old MCB site. Shipping took a bit longer than I was led to believe it would, however given the time of year it was (Dec.) I looked past that. It's hard enough to keep up with the regular stuff in life around then.

I had purchased a couple of cordless power tools, which he said he had used to build structures at a local field. When the tools arrived they had no batteries, which would have run around $50 to replace. There had been no mention that the batteries were missing and having been used by Titus, according to the post, one would assume that batteries existed and that the item was in working condition. His reply was that he didn't know that they had been shipped without the batteries, as he had his parents ship them. He also said he would look for the batteries and get back to me.

2 months later, I saw a mask that Titus was selling and was interested. I brought up the batteries from the previous transaction and was told that they could not be found. My reply was to ask if we could work out a deal on the mask, basically splitting (me covering 60%) the cost of battery replacement. His reply was that he was strapped for cash, being a college student and couldn't afford to make that kind of deal. Understanding what it's like to be in that situation, I was prepared to move on and just suck up the loss.

Later that day, Titus posted a note in the WTB section. This is what really got me as he had just told me that he was strapped for cash. So I sent another note to him asking how if he was so strapped for cash he could do that. His reply was that he does this to make money, and that he sold me the tools 'As Is' so I needed to just give it up.

It's been months since this has occured and I have since sold one of the tools on eBay (with a completely accurate description of the item) for more than I spent on both tools to begin with. To say the least that eased the pain and anger. However, it doesn't excuse the fact that the item description on MCB was not entirely accurate, and the fact that good faith attempts to make the trasaction right were basically ignored.

Hopefully transactions people have with Titus from this point will go a little better and he will accruately describe items that he has for sale. Rather than just relying on the 'as is' statement in his posts. If you describe an item as working, it should work. If it's missing parts, it needs to be put in the post that parts are missing, or the status is unknown if you don't know.

It seems like Titus is a decent enough person to deal with, and when things go well they go very well. And I hope that transactions that don't go so well, will improve.

HurtCow 08-16-2006 03:34 AM

I bought a M98 Cyclone hopper and a 48ci/45k tank from him awhile back. Packing wasn't that great (parts rattling around a big empty box) but he was patient with my late payment and shipped quickly when it arrived. I'd buy from him again without concern.