mcarterbrown.com

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 05-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatliner View Post
Macy works is, for lack of a better term, the think tank, for Omar Macy, the brains behind the good changes at RAP4.

Well, R4 would certainly have the $ to put into a new design projectile.

The money is in the ammo and R4 and everybody else knows that.

An accurate projectile will rule.

Better ammo = better guns
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

That thing reminds me of the fin stabilized rocket grenades that are shot from shotgun shells. Same concept as the round leaves the shell the fins fan out and begin to stabilize the round. Pretty neat concept
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #23 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to dorsai

If I'm not mistaken PCP was bought by Tiberius Arms.
This makes sense since Tiberius is also producing at
least on model which is designed to use the FN 303
rounds, which as I'm sure everyone here knows is
the heavier 7.3 gram cousin to the rounds we're
using in PB.

Tiberius also recently purchased Guerilla Air, as part
of their expansion effort and as soon as they bring
out their F15 model they'll be poised to pitch a full
lineup of models geared more towards military use
than recreation.
19520 Cotton Bay
North Ft. Myers, FL 33917
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Why do you believe that Tiberius bought Perfect Circle Paintball?
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Snake

Brass N Wood Fan
its my understanding that Perfect Circle Paintball hold the patent for the tiberius arms first strike round which if they were 2 different companys Perfect Circle Paintball would be making the first strikes not tiberius and they would be suing tiberius for using there patent.i dont think one or the other bought the other out, i think there owned by the same person or something funny like that
SASBRANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

All the speculation here isn't helpful.

Here's the background of the FS round. TLDR:
  • Airgun Designs (AGD) spins off Perfect Circle Paintball (PCP) company to support Law Enforcement and Hollywood F/X industries.
  • PCP develops, manufactures and makes rounds for FN Herstahl's FN303 (which has sub-assemblies made by AGD).
  • ?Someone gets the idea to de-weaponize FN303 rounds for paintball (either Tiberius Arms or PCP)?
  • PCP develops and manufactures First Strike Rounds.
  • Tiberius Arms markets and sells FS rounds.

Tiberius Arms initially developed the first 12gram and paint in mag pistol.
They develop and sell their markers for the less lethal community, initially through "Veritas Tactical" (the VT-P8 pistol, and the VT MKIV that initially fired round balls). Now, Tiberus Arms produces the FN303P (a mostly re-branded T8.1) for FN Herstahl and, they are actively trying to market the T15 for the less lethal community (as a competitor to the FN303).

I'd be surprised if there was any truth to either an entity owning both companies or, Tiberius Arms owning PCP. It's entirely possible that things have recently (within the last few months) changed but, I've come across zero information on the subject.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Snake

Brass N Wood Fan
macyworks has released some interesting posters ,i updated the first post with them
SASBRANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #28 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I'm sorry, but if that guy thinks he's going to get a round made with moving/expanding fins and be able to sell them at $0.10 apiece and do anything other than take a loss, he's out of his mind. At least if he thinks that one out of every 3 or so won't be so poorly made that they won't make it out of the box intact.

There's an old saying "if it sounds too good to be true"....

If Perfect Circle/Tiberius aren't getting rich off of a round half as complex at $0.40 per round, I have zero confidence something much more complex being made and sold for a quarter of the price.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I'm sorry, but if that guy thinks he's going to get a round made with moving/expanding fins and be able to sell them at $0.10 apiece and do anything other than take a loss, he's out of his mind. At least if he thinks that one out of every 3 or so won't be so poorly made that they won't make it out of the box intact.

If Perfect Circle/Tiberius aren't getting rich off of a round half as complex at $0.40 per round, I have zero confidence something much more complex being made and sold for a quarter of the price.
I could be wrong but I suspect the .10 cent round is the recreational round and the expanding fin round is the match grade round which might just make the FSR look like an economy round.

Sadly, I have been reading Macy's FB page and it appears as if a certain company who produces specialized sniper rounds is litigating this just like Smart Parts did, claiming rights to ALL shaped rounds. Of course this is speculation, but if that is the case a monopoly has once again begun in the sport of paintball....too bad for us.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Tiberius & Guerrilla Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post

*Ding Ding Ding

You are absolutely correct! It is not possible unless they are taking a lost on it.

I mentioned it on another forum how Tiberius Arms goal is to reduced the cost of FS, but currently we are not able to. The more we sell, the lower we can offer this round at; currently we are working on other ways to make this possible sooner.

2717 Ferguson Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46809

260-478-2500
service@tiberiusarms.com
Gio24dude is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike