mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 04-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #31 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Got another one for you

The Swamp Paintball Park
2735 George Washington Memorial Highway
Gloucester, Virginia 23061
(804) 642-8778

BYO (First Strikes only) Regular paint is FPO (Valken)
They also sell them there (white fill) for about $45 per 100

Home - The Swamp Paintball Park
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Thanks!! Got it onto the list!
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #33 (permalink)

So I created an account just so I could post here. I went to warplay in VA back in April and asked them if they allowed FSR and they do NOT. I mentioned I had read it online and the woman working there said someone else said the same thing recently and she doesn't know where they got the info because they have never allowed them. A shame too, I liked their fields and setup. Went to skyline and they allow them so I think that will be my field of choice once I get my FSR setup complete, hopefully soon.
stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #34 (permalink)

I'll double check but, they have allowed me to use them over the past couple years. I started using them there before they went to field paint only and, since, I've been paying via a fee- this is during and after they abandonded the fee structure for regular paint.

I haven't been there this year yet so I will check.

EDIT: To add: I'm the individual who introduced and demo'ed (when asked) First Strike Rounds to Skyline, Hogback, OA (bowie), Robinhood Paintball, Pev's (at AG, and at Aldie), and Warplay.

Skyline allowed them after a demo
Warplay allowed them after a demo (and were impressed)
Hogback was impressed but, they went to FPO and said no To FS (this is after the manager had me shoot him in the back at 20ft, and he thought the hit was light)
OA allowed them but, closed shop
Robinhood allowed them
Pev's at AG allowed them after a demo but, they closed shop.
Pev's at Aldie declined (FPO reasons)
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Last edited by uv_halo; 05-08-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #35 (permalink)

I had to remove Warplay Paintball as I've been told their insurance company no longer allows FSRs. Hopefully, once Tiberius works things out with the ASTM, things will change.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #36 (permalink)

Thanks for the info and update halo. What do you mean about Tiberius and the ASTM? I am still new to the FSR world. I wasn't going to invest in a FSR marker unless I could find a place to use them, and skyline was the last local place I checked, figures.

The other info you provided is really interesting as well. I was surprised Warplay didn't endorse FSR considering their focus on "tactics" and "realism." Really a shame about Hogback, The size of their fields are probably the best around to utilize the max range afforded by FSR, plus it is a lot closer to me than both Warplay and Skyline. Most of the other fields are relatively small, I can only see the range being an advantage on a couple of fields at Skyline. But I look forward to trying it out soon.
stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #37 (permalink)

Warplay did allow them at one point- Tor personally authorized me (and I believe at least one other person). They may have been doing it under the radar or, maybe they had to change insurance as their crowds have gotten larger.

The ASTM is responsible for the standards that most paintball companies adhere to (goggle impact protection, maximum size/weight of paintballs, etc). Tiberius Arms claims that the First Strike Rounds "comply with ASTM Safety Requirements" I suspect that the safety requirements define mass, diameter, force required to break. However, I understand that there is an ASTM definition of a paintball and it most likely says 'spherical' and may also say 'gelatin'.

I can't recall where I heard it (maybe it was a PB Extravaganza interview) but, I was given the impression that Tiberius Arms is currently working with the ASTM. This could mean they are lobbying for a change of the definition or, possibly having an approved specification. Time will tell.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

Taneytown seems to allow them on a case by case
And by that i mean paintball adventure park
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #39 (permalink)

Addition to list:

Field Name - Mt. Doom
FS Allowance: BYOP (everything, including FS)
Address: 3071 CR 515, Hanceville, Alabama 35077
Phone Number: (256) 339-1601
Web address: Alabama's oldest paintball field, one of the oldest in the world!
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Do...31520860195427
chandlercv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #40 (permalink)

Thanks!! It has been added- first listed field in Alabama!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike