mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

Cool. I might try to organize an impromtu sniper challange while at SG45 to see what all the different FSR guns can do. I'll have to clear it with Dan Bonebrake first but im sure we can set up a table and targets along one of the roads on the field. I think the road by Hideout is plenty long enough to have a 150 yard target set up. I'm thinking we can chrono each shot to show each guns consistancy, have each shooter take 20 or so shots at multiple ranges in prone or more if players are willing shoot in different positions. Maybe offer a prize like a bowling trophy for the most accurate,lol. Who knows maybe it will become a new SG tradition. I'll email Dan right now and see what he thinks.

Just got word from Dan. He's for it so there will be a First Strike sniper competition at SuperGame 45!!! Details will be coming over the next few weeks and ill be posting details on it in the FS forum and the Supergame forum and probably a few other sites. I'll be setting this up so if anyone has any suggestions or questions feel free to hit me up. This will be a great way for players to show off their markmanship skills and have fun.

Last edited by shibyman; 03-07-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Update!
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

Shibyman, I'll be at SG45. if you need help staffing or reff'ing the event, let me know. PM inbound so we don't go off topic.
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Sorry for being a little late to the conversation. Are you asking in an actually skirmish or is it okay to include shooting at stationary targets? If stationary targets are acceptable, then I can share my experiences of running the Tiberius Arms Sniper contest at Decay of Nations. I ran it twice. Once with LAPCO and the second time with Eric of Tiberius Arms. During both competitions we used a:
  • Tiberius Arms 9.1 Elite (stock)
  • LAPCO Rifled First Strike Barrel
  • HPA (13ci bottles, all stock from both from Ninja and Guerrilla)
  • First Strike rounds (blues one year and whites the next) were not just pulled from the box, not weighed or measured for variances
The average velocity for the shots were about 272 (max velocity set 285).
Targets were set out to:
  • 100'
  • 150'
  • 200'
  • 250'
  • 300'

I personally benched to see if I could reach the 300' target. I missed but not for falling short. I did approximately a 5 degree arc and just missed the target by shooting over it. Since I was running the competition, it was agreed that my shots should not count. Shooters were all over the skill spectrum; in fact Sonny Lopez of the LA Hitmen competed one year. The majority of the shooters were able to easily hit the 100' and 150' targets. The winners were the ones who took their time and shot the 200' and 250'. A few folks tried the 300' target but wind, arch, nerves, etc. nobody hit it, but they got really close.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmic View Post
Sorry for being a little late to the conversation. Are you asking in an actually skirmish or is it okay to include shooting at stationary targets? If stationary targets are acceptable, then I can share my experiences of running the Tiberius Arms Sniper contest at Decay of Nations. I ran it twice. Once with LAPCO and the second time with Eric of Tiberius Arms. During both competitions we used a:
  • Tiberius Arms 9.1 Elite (stock)
  • LAPCO Rifled First Strike Barrel
  • HPA (13ci bottles, all stock from both from Ninja and Guerrilla)
  • First Strike rounds (blues one year and whites the next) were not just pulled from the box, not weighed or measured for variances
The average velocity for the shots were about 272 (max velocity set 285).
Targets were set out to:
  • 100'
  • 150'
  • 200'
  • 250'
  • 300'

I personally benched to see if I could reach the 300' target. I missed but not for falling short. I did approximately a 5 degree arc and just missed the target by shooting over it. Since I was running the competition, it was agreed that my shots should not count. Shooters were all over the skill spectrum; in fact Sonny Lopez of the LA Hitmen competed one year. The majority of the shooters were able to easily hit the 100' and 150' targets. The winners were the ones who took their time and shot the 200' and 250'. A few folks tried the 300' target but wind, arch, nerves, etc. nobody hit it, but they got really close.
Either skirmish or static targets is fine. Just looking for good info a player could use for comparison when deciding on what type of gun to get. Really hoping to hear from a Milsig para pro shooter to see what kind of consistency/effeciency they are getting.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Rec Poster

are u guys having any trouble seeing down the scope with ur mask on?
Seksirojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksirojo View Post
I am using a riser that lifts the scope a good bit. I am working on a project that will eliminate that problem all together.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksirojo View Post
I use a JT Flex mask along with the tib fsr riser so I have zero issues seeing down the scope.

Also get a scope with a large eye relief so you don't have to put your eye right on the scope.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

For those going or thinking of going to SuperGame 45 in Oregon.

Hey eveyone. I wanted to you all to be the first to know about this. This SG45 will be the 1st annual Moongobbie Brothers Ultimate Sniper Challenge. It will be a long distance target shooting competition along with some mission/objective based sniper scenarios. There will be a $10 entry fee for the competition but 100% of the proceeds will be going directly to Fitco Cares charity, which was co-founded by Chris Kyle the Navy Seal Sniper who died recently. The event will be held on Friday and Saturday for those that can only make it one day with winners being announced on Sunday. Time of event will be released soon but will likely be around 5-7 both Friday and Saturday. The Supergame45 website will have a sign up for it coming or you may sign up at the event. If you have any questions feel free to post up or PM me. I will release more details as soon as I have them.
Thanks,
Mike "Savage"
MoonGobbieBros
Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thats awesome. Glad to see the proceeds go to a good cause, and a chance for those of us who get called "bushmen" and "campers" to show off the skills involved in being a 1 shot one elimination type player.

I just wish I was closer so I could partake. Enjoy those of you who can!
Rain-Man005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Im not gonna follow the format cause i dont have too much to say yet.

Why do you want a crossbow scope?

The gradients dont apply to fsr ranges at all.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike