mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 03-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #41 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibyman View Post
Yeah dry firing would be wayyy cheaper but im not exactly sure if it will work the same. Really hoping someone brings a para pro to the SuperGame sniper competition. If anyone does we will have ranged targets and chrono's avail to sight it before the comp. My buddy might be able to make a 3x3 foot target with a grid on it for those who want to record data and figure out vectors and such. Before the comp we will be running the SAR12 through some accuracy/consistency tests to help decide the ranges for the comp. Not sure how scientific the tests will be but ill post up whatever we find.
It will be nice to hear some feedback on the sar 12 there isn't much out there .Are the beta testers sworn to secrecy??They must all be owned by players in states with horrible weather.
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #42 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
It will be nice to hear some feedback on the sar 12 there isn't much out there .Are the beta testers sworn to secrecy??They must all be owned by players in states with horrible weather.
I know there is one in Tampa.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Instead of dry firing you can use normal paint. That's what we do.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #44 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibyman View Post
Yeah dry firing would be wayyy cheaper but im not exactly sure if it will work the same. Really hoping someone brings a para pro to the SuperGame sniper competition. If anyone does we will have ranged targets and chrono's avail to sight it before the comp. My buddy might be able to make a 3x3 foot target with a grid on it for those who want to record data and figure out vectors and such. Before the comp we will be running the SAR12 through some accuracy/consistency tests to help decide the ranges for the comp. Not sure how scientific the tests will be but ill post up whatever we find.
Consistency testing will be easy. Get a Chrono, 20+ rounds, make no adjustments and go to town.

Accuracy on the other hand is much more difficult to provide meaningful data for. The main problem is that it needs to be done indoors, as a 1-3 mph crosswinds (you can barely feel a 3mph wind) will induce shifts of up to six inches at 50yds or even around 3 inches at 100ft.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Consistency testing will be easy. Get a Chrono, 20+ rounds, make no adjustments and go to town.

Accuracy on the other hand is much more difficult to provide meaningful data for. The main problem is that it needs to be done indoors, as a 1-3 mph crosswinds (you can barely feel a 3mph wind) will induce shifts of up to six inches at 50yds or even around 3 inches at 100ft.
We don't have an indoor range to test it so it will likely be at our home field. I'll talk to my team though and see if anyone knows of an indoor place near by...i think the closest one big enough is salem which is little far just to test shoot. I'd like to run it through some extensive indoor and outdoor range shooting to see its capabilities. I'll take another look at punkworks testing and see if i can get the target made to the same dimensions and grid size.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #46 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
There's at least one in Jersey but it was bought under the "beta test", so I'm not sure if they may still be covered by the non-disclosure agreement or not. You'd think that would be over now that they're for sale on Carmatech's site, but I'd have thought a "beta test" wouldn't require paying full MSRP either...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #47 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I think there's a guy who plays at OXCC that has a Sar 12. Gun is as long as a crutch lol. Other than that looks pretty decent.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #48 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
I think there's a guy who plays at OXCC that has a Sar 12. Gun is as long as a crutch lol. Other than that looks pretty decent.
The guy I'm thinking of is on Dead Man's Hand... I think. Pretty sure he lurks on here somewhere but I don't know his username. Maybe he'll chime in...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #49 (permalink)

I played with the guys from DMH a few weeks ago -- that SAR12 is 45 inches long with the Hammerhead barrel they have on it. I didn't fire it personally, but I did watch them shoot it. Very cool with the bolt action...
Echoes-of-Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #50 (permalink)

I have trracer questions for using first strike...

Is there a way to remove the spring tension from the pump stroke so when loading you don't have to hold it back when trying to reload? Will this adversly effect the firing process?
Could the back part of the first strike cut out on the trracer body be dremeled out a bit more to make it easier to load?

I'm thinking of getting a used trracer to experiment with making a super light sniper set up. So far thinking about taking off the pump handle and just threading in a bit bigger/longer bolt arm to slide the bolt back to load. If the spring tension can't be solved, maybe make a cut into the body so the bolt arm can be pushed down into a grove to keep the breech open for loading. Throw a cheap/light bipod that can attach to a hammerhead 16inch bang stix barrel, something that clamp onto the barrel. For optics im thinking hha optimizer with a cheap shotgun cross bow scope or anything that has good eyerelief. And just screw in a 13in tank for the air...maybe make something to use as a butt stock but it will just add to the weight. Might upgrade the bolt to a steel one just for kicks, i hear they are quieter

Any ideas on making this set up better, lighter more efficient etc. Don't want to add too much beyond the costs of the items already mentioned.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike