mcarterbrown.com

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #61 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

im going to try my optimiser on my 22lr biathlon rifle a 300 yards
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #62 (permalink)
Post Whore

Oddly enough the tiberius riser was not specifically designed for fsr. Its rumored it wasnt made by them either. But i have no evidence to support that
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #63 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc Zox View Post
im going to try my optimiser on my 22lr biathlon rifle a 300 yards
You may want to wait, HHA has one optimized for firearms under development.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #64 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Oddly enough the tiberius riser was not specifically designed for fsr. Its rumored it wasnt made by them either. But i have no evidence to support that
Not to mix words but this is a bold statement. Regardless if your choice is the Tiberius FSR, Killjoy APR or the Optimizer why wouldn't you fit your ammo to your platform and not you platform to your ammo? If all things were equal you should zero your platform to your ammo. That being said, given the resources I would suggest any shooter to set up a shooting range with four equal distances. The first being 25yd., second, 50yd., third, 75 yd. and finally 100yd.

Leveling the rifle on a table if available and firing several rounds, marking where the land, recording the data and dialing to the next click and repeating until complete. After knowing what your platform can do its up to the shooter to properly determine distance and ultimately time on target. This weekend I put the finishing touches on my own distance range. I hope to post photos soon.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #65 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

: Home
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #66 (permalink)
Post Whore

I dont know why but for some reason when it said "governments" plural i giggled

Cool concept
expensive
The problem is it has the same issues that our current risers have. In that its a lot of guess work to figure out where each adjustment point translates to our usage.

And even when you realize where thosr points are half of them wont be usefull since they are linear and first strikes drop off isnt
Aka "wagz" on the field

Last edited by Keebler; 03-19-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #67 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Keebler,

No projectile is going to have a linear drop. My disatisfaction with Crossbow optics is that they only give around three dots and, those dots aren't spaced far enough apart to cover significantly different points within common FS effective range.

When it comes to the Tiberius, Killjoy, or even the riser posted above, while they don't have infinite adjustment they do have enough adjustability so that one could simply pick the nearest adjustment point and, hold over or under. Granted it's not perfect but, a 90% solution. The general theme being , the more points of adjustment, the better.

The HHA optimizer allows for full adjustability between the zero range and out to 70yds because it uses a non-linear curve. The maker claims that it will work for nearly any projectile in our speed ranges and, Trinity swears by it. I can't vouche for it myself but, I suspect it will work (I had a lengthy convo with the braintrust of that product). The only limitation being the range (70yds). If that could be extended out a bit, It'd be a perfect solution (albeit expensive).

Whatever the case, the bigger problem facing most paintball players (and even myself) is accurately ranging the target. We are simply not built to do this without a lot of practice and accurate feedback. There are tools for doing this but, the better they are, the more costly they become.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #68 (permalink)

I just checked the optimizer website, maybe they just released a upgraded version but they say it has 20-80 yards in its range of adjustment. That coupled with 48 tapes to put on it and speeds ranging from 260 to 410 fps i think it could work well. Since a crossbow bolt has a much flater trajectory using a slower speed may offset the difference to a first strike. I think that you can also make a custom marked tape where it would only be based off where your shots are being zeroed at. I'll hopefully get to see trinity's set up at supergame.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #69 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
In order to use the optimizer you will still need an adjustable rail. I believe Trinity has the Killjoy and the Optimizer. One setting on the Killjoy handles shorter ranges. A second second deals with longer ranges. The Optimizer gives you fine adjustment but the course adjustment is still required due to the limited range of motion of the Optimizer. The speed of the projectiles are not a factor because the crossbow bolts are such a heavier projectile that the tapes do not correlate from one platform to another. Making a custom tape, and a custom wheel for more adjustment could be an option. You can also wait a little while and see what comes available. I have heard of good things in the works from some of the fine craftsmen who frequent these forums.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #70 (permalink)
Post Whore

Actually a custom tape isnt a bad idea. The hha is out of my price range either way so im not judging it quality so much as the price. I agree with the wait and see idea

Im not so good with math but it would be nice to find out what the translated fps would be of a first strike. So say we could figure out that a fsr traveling at 280fps equals a crossbow bolt traveling at 220 fps or whatever the case is. Than hopedully a specific tape is available for that specific fps. I would guess than all adjustments would be equal to fsr usage? Just spitballing
Aka "wagz" on the field

Last edited by Keebler; 03-19-2013 at 01:44 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike