FSR platform comparison
Alright MCB I would like your help in finding the right first strike capabale marker for me and hopefully this will end up being a good resource for anyone else looking for a FSR gun also. If this isnt the best spot for this post please let me know.
I am requesting first hand experience on what ever FSR gun you use. Please try to answer the following:
1. Type of Gun
2. barrel you use (bore size, length etc.)
3. Your max range(while still getting breaks)
4. Average +/- over the chrono, please include what type of chrono you are using. Also if using hpa or co2.
5. Accessories used like scope, riser, bipod, laser range finder etc.
6. If it's not mag fed, what is you average reload time for breech loading. Is it acceptable to you, would you rather go mag fed?
7. Rough cost of complete set up (gun, tank, mags, needed or desired accesories, barrel upgrade etc.)
8. Any issues mechanical or otherwise you have ruin into (mags not feeding correctly, wild FPS fluctuations uncorrectable, breaks, faulty parts, durabilty etc. Please dont use this to just bash a particular company, just state what you experienced.
I am trying to narrow down my selection between the SAR12, CCM SR1, Empire Trracer or one of the Tiberius or possibly the spyder hammer 7. If you have experience with one of these guns or another you think I should consider please let me know. I do plan to mount a HHA Optimizer, decent crossbow scope and maybe a range finder and probably the APR2 riser on what ever gun I get.
I plan to use whatever platform I end up with to better engage targets at greater than average paintball ranges in a woodsball environment. I play in Washington and Oregon in a relativley temperate environment and only use HPA. Field restrictions are not much of an issue around here as I know 5 fields that allow first strike rounds off the top of my head.
Neat thread, mods can you move it to the First Strike section we need a new topic to discuss.
This thread would fit in great in the First Strike sub-forum ;)
You can ask a mod to move it if you like.
1. Currently: T9.1
2. Barrel: LAPCO/Tiberius Rifled .683 barrel
3. Max range: Farther than what I see in most recball games. At Living Legends, and measuring via Bing's 'Birds Eye View', I plugged a guy with one shot in the chest, uphill, 150' 200' away. He was far enough away that neither he, or the people in the bunkers in front of me, thought he was a target.
4. HPA, consistency: 95% +/- 11FPS
5. Tiberius Adjustbable Picatinny Riser (that Tiberius duplicated when they released their 2nd gen), Lucid HD7 Red Dot sight
7. Too much that I lost track of- due to custom work (paintjob, raincover, etc).
8. Issues: I had/have a fair number. Barrel jams after 80-100 rounds between barrel cleanings. Improper feeding. Ejecting a partially filled mag resulting in a round lodged halfway in breach, blocking further mag entry. Ejecting a partially filled mag, loosing 1-2 rounds in the dirt. Velocity consistency (fixed by either high pressure or low pressure tank). Never released airless mags as promised.
If you know of five fields in your area that allow FS rounds, please post up in this thread (speaking of which, I have updates I need to apply, doh!).
1. CCM SR-1
2. Have been using the stock barrel. Just purchased the Lapco .683 FSR barrel
3. I have made an elimination at 225' (I paced it off after the game)
4. Using CO2 I average +/- less than 4 fps over a optical chrono
5. I have the 2nd generation APR and 4x 32 scope from Tiberius. I have a cheap bi-pod on the front that does the job. I have a app on my cell phone I use for range finding in game.
6. Using the shells I can reload in under 5 seconds if I am set up in my position properly.
7. More than I care to think about. More to come I am sure.
8. Not a single problem yet. My only complaint is the requirement to move the stock out of the way to adjust velocity (A very minor inconvenience when switching fields with different limits.)
Yeah if a Mod can move this thread that would be great, i didnt see the first strike section when i initially posted. Thanks for the input so far guys!
uv halo- four of the five fields i know of that allow FSR are private team fields and we dont advertise the locations for a few reasons but anyone traveling to the Portland, OR area can hit me up for the local game scene...only pay field i know for sure allows them is Sniperzden in St. Paul, OR (SuperGame field) and ill post it in the thread if its not already there.
The Flounder-- wow +/- 4 using co2?? Have you tried using hpa yet or do you prefer co2 for some reason. I believe Trinity posted on his blog that his SR1 was getting +/- 2 or 3. Pretty impressive results so far from the CCM rifle. My only concern with the SR1 so far is the reload time and the shells ejecting. I could probably modify a small canvas bag with hinge to catch the shells and that can be flipped foward (so the shells dont fall out) for reloading.
Just did a head to head range contest with my Hammer 7 against a Tiberius,added it to my review here
Im really impressed with FS rounds,they really do what they claim,Im considering a 2X scope now,still trying to get used to the trajectory,Im so used to arcing paintball shots its taking a little getting used to FS
Honestly which ever marker you choose just make sure it matches your style of play. Truth be told I am deadly with a single shot and suck really bad when you put a semi in my hands. It's just my style, just like playing Left4Dead I'm bad *** with the Spitter and suck with the Tank.
I use the CO2 because it comes in 12 grams that fit inside the marker. That testing was done a a nice warm day where everything sat outside for a few hours to stabilize in temperature. Nothing extra to carry or mount on the marker. I may switch to HPA if I pick up a small enough tank.
You do not have to eject or even use the shells. You can lock the shell in or use a cocker barrel adapter and put any cocker threaded barrel on there.
If you are worried about reload time you are not using the marker properly. I usually take several minutes between shots even in a target rich enviroment. I want to make sure every shot counts and not give away my position.
(please excuse typos posting from my phone this morning)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC