mcarterbrown.com

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 09-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #171 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
not terribly sure what the benefit over the other hh barrels it could have. I can tell you the hh rep i spoke to said there is no difference in the rifle pattern or bore in the 20" sar13 variant vs their other rifled barrels. Excluding the. 684 battle stixx obviously. So the only difference is the 4-6 inches. Now for all i know that makes a world of a difference since it hasnt been tested by a third party to my knowledge. But there ya go.
This is what I know:

The 9" LAPCO/Tiberius Rifled did worse than the 14" Hammerhead and the 16" LAPCO/Tiberius Rifled (the 16" and the 14" had no significant difference between them).

What I don't know:
Does a barrel length greater than 14"-16" allow for a better 'spin up' given that the rounds relatively easily slide through the hammerhead barrels?

Does a longer barrel length allow for a lower pressure, longer pulse which may reduce pressures / turbulence at the barrel crown that allows for more accurate flight?
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #172 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

what i was after with the sar12 barrel is that it doesnt have a sizer from what i have seen of it. it is just straight autococker threaded and rifled from end to end.

also, i ordered one the other day. nothing, so far, saying that they cant complete the order or are refunding my money. we will see i guess.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #173 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

just checked, the payment was accepted yesterday. they might have had time to get more stock in, who knows...
Old 09-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #174 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Dang. Lots o hate for the dam. Bought one anyway.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #175 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post
what i was after with the sar12 barrel is that it doesnt have a sizer from what i have seen of it. it is just straight autococker threaded and rifled from end to end.

also, i ordered one the other day. nothing, so far, saying that they cant complete the order or are refunding my money. we will see i guess.
I had one of their 'fronts' re-threaded to autococker :-/
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #176 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post

That's what I was after too, no messing around with fins when you don't need them for FS.... Plus, trying to buy a 16" Bangstikxx, once you add on a fin and the M-50 muzzle plus shipping, price always comes out higher than the SAR12 barrel....

Do let us know if you get a confirmed shipment, I'd be on their site ASAP!

EDIT: Just found this pic on the Carmatech blog:

The barrel looks like it has a fin on it. Oh well.
My feedback: MCB / a5og / eBay

Last edited by freedummy; 09-27-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Pictures
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #177 (permalink)
MCB Member

That's an older barrel. The new fronts are different and I believe they changed the fin along when the did the front.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #178 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I have one of the 20" HH's and it does have a fin, not sure if it changed since I got it. I originally ordered it from Carmatech and was waiting and waiting and finally sent them a message to find out what the status was and was then told that I should of received a refund. I lucked out and got one thru a different source. I haven't had time to do much testing on it yet though, although I haven't noticed much difference between it and the 14" with the little shooting I have done with it. It will probably be a great barrel if you are wanting to lay out somewhere and take long shots, but if you do much moving around, there's a good chance it will get annoying quick. I'm waiting to find out how it does on my SR1 whenever the new batch comes out.

Here it is on my DAM....

DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #179 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

personally, i am used to a long barrel, i currently have a frreak barrel with a custom 20" stiffi tip on it. works great for normal paint and fairly nice with first strikes, but i want that extra bit that comes with using a hammer head. i figure that if it needs fins, i will talk to a machinist and get it threaded for cocker threads.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #180 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

Whoops, guess that pic is from earlier stages of prototypes. Just got this response from Carmatech.

Quote:
Thanks for the question. At this time we do not have a solid date for when the barrels will be available to the general public. We have redesigned the barrels to not use Hammerhead sizing fins. They are standard autococker threads.
My feedback: MCB / a5og / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike