mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 04-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #51 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Possibly the sound signature? But i still doubt it
That was HH's original point for that reverse porting. Some amount of porting helps sound. I like having a muzzle brake to protect the end of my barrel. I tend to drag my barrel tip on non-inflatable bunkers.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #52 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I ran into that last weekend. It was the first time I had my A1 fins to go with my HH kit when playing with my only angel. I have a custom mofo barrel section that gives a 10" OAL instead of the standard 14". My mags really prefer the 14", so I wanted to try the 10" and an overbored fin on my A1 that had last been chronied (at ~270) with the stock WDP (long and overbored) barrel. It was shooting in the 320s and I had some cranking to do.

As far as contacting the bore, real overbored firearms have been noted for projectiles essentially bouncing down the barrel. As gas flows through quickly on the wide side, the static pressure is going down, while the static pressure builds on the blocked side. The projectile is basically unstable in the barrel and slapping back and forth. On a rifled barrel, the groove will kick the projectile in the direction of the grooving. Even if a ball rolls away as it bounces, it will average multiple kicks in the right direction.

Besides just flopping down the barrel, you have to wonder if the first strike skirt expands to grip the barrel at all, such as the Minie ball design. If it doesn't, maybe it should.

Umm, you mean that compared to a smoothbore, you had an increase in regular pb velocity when you switched to the hammerhead?

As for the skirt flexing, given the rigidity of the skirt, relative to the weight of the round, and that the fins are not twisted to the same rate as the rifling, I don't think there would be a benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
So - what would happen if you used a First Strike ball - with a Rifled Barrel (correct Direction) - that was ported (Correct Direction) and had an Apex Tip installed (Correct Spin)?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...MWd7v-iaTDXpxH

TF
Trololololol :P
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #53 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Umm, you mean that compared to a smoothbore, you had an increase in regular pb velocity when you switched to the hammerhead?
Yes. Going from the stock A1 barrel kit with the long CF port section to a 10" HH, I had a lot of turn-down to make. I wrote it off as the factory barrel being too long for the short air impulse of the Fly internals. On the other hand, perhaps the control bore on the stock barrel is too short. I think the HH rifled section is about 7", compared to 5" or 6" on the stock barrel. That could be the entirety of it, but I'm more used to seeing 30 fps as a significant change in barrels.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #54 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
That was HH's original point for that reverse porting. Some amount of porting helps sound. I like having a muzzle brake to protect the end of my barrel. I tend to drag my barrel tip on non-inflatable bunkers.
I agree i like muzzle tips for that reason especially detachable ones in the even that your core sample your barrel. Ive done that it sucks. The reverse porting is neat it would be nice to know for sure all the different things it effects if anything at all. In my case i like the way hh muzzles look. But ill forego it anyway to save a buck. Quick question that just occured to me. How did punkworks test a hh on a t9 when there is no tiberius threaded fins? Did they even use one requiring fins? Cant be the sar12 barrel thats 20" and pw tested a 16". Im very curious.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #55 (permalink)

The SAR12 HH Barrel, and the Tiberius HH Barrel are the only barrels produced by HH that do not require fins.

Wait, I might be wrong there, they may have an econo tippmann model that doesn't use fins.

And that would be the "Freedom Fighter" a 14" in 98 threads, and a fixed muzzle break.
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Last edited by uv_halo; 04-19-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #56 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ohh ok. Is the tiberius one not listed cause i dont see it on their site but that makes sense
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 04-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #57 (permalink)

The T8.1 is listed there. Rockstar Tactical sells the T9.1 version.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #58 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ahh thank you. I called them again and asked if i could order just the barrel piece in a specific thread type. They said no so i will possibly order one and have it rethreaded.
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 04-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #59 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Ahh thank you. I called them again and asked if i could order just the barrel piece in a specific thread type. They said no so i will possibly order one and have it rethreaded.
weaksauce.

What threads do they sell them in?

edit: Can I order one from the HH site or do I have to call to order that 20 inch rifled cocker barrel?

Last edited by Crimson Death; 04-19-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #60 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
weaksauce.

What threads do they sell them in?

edit: Can I order one from the HH site or do I have to call to order that 20 inch rifled cocker barrel?
Cocker threaded only, you need to order it from Carmatech. HH will not sell it directlly.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike