mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   First Strike (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/first-strike/)
-   -   cheap riser? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/first-strike/229253-cheap-riser.html)

Seksirojo 03-20-2013 12:59 PM

cheap riser?

i see everyone using the tiberius adjustable riser but i dont think i can justify 60$ on one.... anyone know of any good cheap ones and where from.... thinking about maybe gonna to big 5 and seeing what i can find also

desertT1 03-20-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seksirojo (Post 2659817)
i see everyone using the tiberius adjustable riser but i dont think i can justify 60$ on one.... anyone know of any good cheap ones and where from.... thinking about maybe gonna to big 5 and seeing what i can find also

You can get various types of risers, but you'll have to adjust the angle of the scope for it to be usable. I did this in the past on my Trracer with 2 1" risers that went between the scopes ring mounts and the marker's rail. Then, on the rear ring, I put a little bit of folded tape to angle it up. It's much lighter, but you will have to do some leg work to find out what distance you want to sight for and then adjust the amount of tape accordingly.

uv_halo 03-20-2013 01:15 PM

The main problem here is you get what you pay for.

The Tiberius is heavy but, features clear .5deg stops through it's range of adjustment. Fit and finish can vary.

The Killjoy is rock solid and simple to use but, it relies on engraved lines as indicators of adjustment but, you must look at the device while adjusting it (to see what line your adjusting to).

The HHA Optimizer doesn't have the range of adjustment but, it appears to allow one to site in at specific distances quickly and accurately.

These systems in a sense can pay for themselves if you use them properly considering that FS rounds are 40+ cents a shot.

Seksirojo 03-20-2013 02:07 PM

So basically “You pay 50$ for 100 rounds so stop being a cheap *** and buy the Tiberius riser” hahaha

thank god pay day is Friday lol

The Flounder 03-20-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seksirojo (Post 2659870)
So basically “You pay 50$ for 100 rounds so stop being a cheap *** and buy the Tiberius riser” hahaha

The Tiberius riser is not always the best option it all depends on what you want in the end. Even with the Tiberius riser there were some manufacturing problems with too much slop in the mechanism allowing it to move around when your scope is mounted.

I have been told they will replace it if they see that as a problem. I will let you know how that goes when I send mine back this week.

shibyman 03-20-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uv_halo (Post 2659830)
The main problem here is you get what you pay for.

The Tiberius is heavy but, features clear .5deg stops through it's range of adjustment. Fit and finish can vary.

The Killjoy is rock solid and simple to use but, it relies on engraved lines as indicators of adjustment but, you must look at the device while adjusting it (to see what line your adjusting to).

The HHA Optimizer doesn't have the range of adjustment but, it appears to allow one to site in at specific distances quickly and accurately.

These systems in a sense can pay for themselves if you use them properly considering that FS rounds are 40+ cents a shot.

The HHA optimizer does actually rise in the back as you turn the dial to further ranges doesn't it? I can't think of how it would work otherwise.

uv_halo 03-20-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seksirojo (Post 2659870)

Sorry, if I came across that way. What I'm saying is that there really aren't any other options (except for the even more expensive "Variable Gantry Mount @ $300-400) and, the prices are indicative of features and to some extent, quality.

The dead cheapest approach would be shimming your sights but, that doesn't allow for any on the field adjustability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibyman (Post 2659896)
The HHA optimizer does actually rise in the back as you turn the dial to further ranges doesn't it? I can't think of how it would work otherwise.

I said "Range of Adjustment" meaning that according to Trinity, once you sight in using the included instructions, the max range on the dial that you can adjust to is 60yds.

Seksirojo 03-20-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uv_halo (Post 2659937)
Sorry, if I came across that way. What I'm saying is that there really aren't any other options (except for the even more expensive "Variable Gantry Mount @ $300-400) and, the prices are indicative of features and to some extent, quality.

The dead cheapest approach would be shimming your sights but, that doesn't allow for any on the field adjustability.

I said "Range of Adjustment" meaning that according to Trinity, once you sight in using the included instructions, the max range on the dial that you can adjust to is 60yds.

oh no not at all.... i was basically making fun of myself for being cheap lol

shibyman 03-20-2013 04:52 PM

Cool, just making sure it worked that way. Thanks

Seksirojo 03-20-2013 04:56 PM

as anyone tried those airsoft risers?