mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 03-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

cheap riser?

i see everyone using the tiberius adjustable riser but i dont think i can justify 60$ on one.... anyone know of any good cheap ones and where from.... thinking about maybe gonna to big 5 and seeing what i can find also
Seksirojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksirojo View Post
i see everyone using the tiberius adjustable riser but i dont think i can justify 60$ on one.... anyone know of any good cheap ones and where from.... thinking about maybe gonna to big 5 and seeing what i can find also
You can get various types of risers, but you'll have to adjust the angle of the scope for it to be usable. I did this in the past on my Trracer with 2 1" risers that went between the scopes ring mounts and the marker's rail. Then, on the rear ring, I put a little bit of folded tape to angle it up. It's much lighter, but you will have to do some leg work to find out what distance you want to sight for and then adjust the amount of tape accordingly.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

The main problem here is you get what you pay for.

The Tiberius is heavy but, features clear .5deg stops through it's range of adjustment. Fit and finish can vary.

The Killjoy is rock solid and simple to use but, it relies on engraved lines as indicators of adjustment but, you must look at the device while adjusting it (to see what line your adjusting to).

The HHA Optimizer doesn't have the range of adjustment but, it appears to allow one to site in at specific distances quickly and accurately.

These systems in a sense can pay for themselves if you use them properly considering that FS rounds are 40+ cents a shot.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

So basically “You pay 50$ for 100 rounds so stop being a cheap *** and buy the Tiberius riser” hahaha

thank god pay day is Friday lol
Old 03-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
So basically “You pay 50$ for 100 rounds so stop being a cheap *** and buy the Tiberius riser” hahaha

The Tiberius riser is not always the best option it all depends on what you want in the end. Even with the Tiberius riser there were some manufacturing problems with too much slop in the mechanism allowing it to move around when your scope is mounted.

I have been told they will replace it if they see that as a problem. I will let you know how that goes when I send mine back this week.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
The main problem here is you get what you pay for.

The Tiberius is heavy but, features clear .5deg stops through it's range of adjustment. Fit and finish can vary.

The Killjoy is rock solid and simple to use but, it relies on engraved lines as indicators of adjustment but, you must look at the device while adjusting it (to see what line your adjusting to).

The HHA Optimizer doesn't have the range of adjustment but, it appears to allow one to site in at specific distances quickly and accurately.

These systems in a sense can pay for themselves if you use them properly considering that FS rounds are 40+ cents a shot.
The HHA optimizer does actually rise in the back as you turn the dial to further ranges doesn't it? I can't think of how it would work otherwise.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:

Sorry, if I came across that way. What I'm saying is that there really aren't any other options (except for the even more expensive "Variable Gantry Mount @ $300-400) and, the prices are indicative of features and to some extent, quality.

The dead cheapest approach would be shimming your sights but, that doesn't allow for any on the field adjustability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibyman View Post
The HHA optimizer does actually rise in the back as you turn the dial to further ranges doesn't it? I can't think of how it would work otherwise.
I said "Range of Adjustment" meaning that according to Trinity, once you sight in using the included instructions, the max range on the dial that you can adjust to is 60yds.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Sorry, if I came across that way. What I'm saying is that there really aren't any other options (except for the even more expensive "Variable Gantry Mount @ $300-400) and, the prices are indicative of features and to some extent, quality.

The dead cheapest approach would be shimming your sights but, that doesn't allow for any on the field adjustability.

I said "Range of Adjustment" meaning that according to Trinity, once you sight in using the included instructions, the max range on the dial that you can adjust to is 60yds.
oh no not at all.... i was basically making fun of myself for being cheap lol
Old 03-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Cool, just making sure it worked that way. Thanks
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

as anyone tried those airsoft risers?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike