mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 03-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Remember, it doesn't have to be masks any known measurement will do. Pallets are typically 4'x4'
Or a 55 gallon steel drum is approx 3' tall. any common object on a paintball field is suitable.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

Exactly. I think using objects on the field that dont move will be easier to range also. The mask system should work ok but will require a target to be still for a sec or two.
I did't get to measuring any masks over the weekend, had a team work weekend instead of playing. If anyone has a dye i4 let me know the dim's.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I know my original events that i use are 8 inches. I went with 9 because A:it was already an example set on my dope card that came with my scope and because i figured the events are on the smaller side so 9inches is probably a good average. Now with my dope card it was set up like a multiplication table. On top was target height and down the left side was number of mils occupied. The only problem was that the chart was set for maximum magnification which on my scope is 9x and it was reading im meters. So i copied just the 9 inch portion for 3x and in yards. I plan to do the 4' chart as well for pallets. That should be enough to always estimate range on the fly. Granted this doesnt take into account your elevation vs your targets elevation. Ill have to either do the work for that separately or just get a feel for it over time. Ill look into it but i have a feeling that neither you nor your target will ever be at enough of an incline or decline that it should matter more than a few mills over or under.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike