mcarterbrown.com  

First Strike Everything first strike related

Old 03-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
(sort of a) Newbie

Magazine for First Strike

So I've been roaming the forum for quite some time and haven't posted anything and I find the first strike rounds very interesting not having using any before. I know that some users of the Empire Trracer have the ability to use FS but there is no way to feed them directly into the chamber so they are forced to hand load. I happened to be looking at the new Hammer 7 magazines and came up with the idea of creating a mount on the rails of the gun that would be able to connect a Hammer 7 magazine into the mount feeding directly into the Traccer. The mount would be something like that of the 10 round tubes that connect to the rails of the SA-17 or the Traccer. I thought maybe this could have been applied else where with other markers as well.Good idea or is it a bust?
ledheplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

Good Idea and worth pursuing. A youtuber by the name of drummer flash modded his project salvo to shoot FS a few years back using the grip and magwell of a tib pistol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvGB2wtA-6E
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

It is a good idea but hard to pull off unless you can fabricate things in a machine shop. A few people have attempted to make a mag feed for the empire trracer but i have not heard any results on how well they work. Gearheads is going to take a crack at making a tube first strike system for the trracer sometime this year. I have a couple ideas on how it could be done and will start tinkering when i get my trracer in.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Another guy did something similar to DrummerFlash except with a Phantom

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
(sort of a) Newbie

That was close to what I was thinking but it would slide onto the rail and would be able to use the two different kinds of Hammer 7 magazines. Also I don't have access to a machine shop but it is nice to see others had this idea also.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I'm all for modding, I love to do it, and I understand your motivation but this is going to be one of those stituations where I really have to be painfully honest: Just buy a Hammer 7 if you want a magfeed FS gun. By the time you're done modding the Trracer chances are you'll have spent at least half as much for a much more lackluster result. T8 mags are boat anchors, and mounting them at a 45 degree angle off the gun is going to throw off the balance and make it uncomfortable to shoot. Not to mention hauling around extras.

Even if you go for Hammer mags, if you're already going to be buying Hammer mags, and a Hammer magwell, without access to a machine shop.... Might as well buy a whole Hammer. It would be one thing if there were no options for a whole gun under $200, but there are now.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I'm gonna agree with Rogue. Innovation is good, and if a shop gets onboard with making a feed like you describe, I'll buy it for my SA17. I just know I wouldn't be satisfied with my own work on something like a magfeed.
Rain-Man005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
(sort of a) Newbie

I understand where you are all coming from and I thank you for your advice. I thought it would be a neat concept to try and I may in the future just to say, "Hey! Look what I did!" Also the videos you guys posted gave me some more good ideas, thanks guys.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

I've been wondering if Sugru might work, for those without access to a machine shop
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » First Strike