mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   First Strike (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/first-strike/)
-   -   FS + Goblin shells (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/first-strike/230392-fs-goblin-shells.html)

monty 04-02-2013 03:34 PM

FS + Goblin shells

Has anyone tested them? any opinions? I only found scare references in some Goblin Solo reviews but the shells interest me for a future project.

russc 04-02-2013 06:50 PM

Goblins can barely launch a normal paintball...I don't see the point in increasing the cost per fail.

Crimson Death 04-03-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russc (Post 2672821)
Goblins can barely launch a normal paintball...I don't see the point in increasing the cost per fail.

I concur.

monty 04-04-2013 06:58 PM

Bummer. Guess I'll back burner the idea.

Bleeds 04-05-2013 01:19 AM

I used to really dislike my Goblin Deuce due to the shells, they never really seemed to launch a paintball far enough. FS went farther but it was still pretty much useless. I found out that propane was the way to go and I was getting FS to shoot around 240 fps which is pretty usable out of something with such small barrels. I imagine they could go faster/farther is you had it tapped for barrel extensions. If you were to put them in some custom marker with a good bore match for FS and a refined firing pin mechanism (If you've used a Goblin before you'll know that it's a slow process) you may be able to get even better velocities with it.

If you've got shells that work well I say give propane a go.

Keebler 04-05-2013 09:40 AM

I tried get them to make a stocked over under long barrel breech loader before. But they didnt seem interested. I think they are content with a useless novelty item

-=ArchAngel=- 04-05-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keebler (Post 2675517)
I tried get them to make a stocked over under long barrel breech loader before. But they didnt seem interested. I think they are content with a useless novelty item

i think it has more to do with R&D and manufacturing costs/risks than anything else.

Bleeds 04-07-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keebler (Post 2675517)

If you want someone to do a custom project it's probably best to ask a company that specializes in doing custom projects. Just sayin'.

Lapco just needs to release the MaxBoom.

Pif 04-07-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychosplinter (Post 2677319)
If you want someone to do a custom project it's probably best to ask a company that specializes in doing custom projects. Just sayin'.

Lapco just needs to release the MaxBoom.

4+ years in, I'm not holding my breath.

wetfootwilley 04-07-2013 04:07 PM

What size exactly are they? 12 guage? 20 guage? I'd chamber one in a shotgun to see how that worked.
(before you flame me, I'm not saying bring a shotgun to play with - just intellectual curiosity is all)
WFW